Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Undertow Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm
I predict a lot of previously boring shows will now actually become interesting due to epileptic DJs.
By Explicit- Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
dorsey wrote:I dont get it.... who doesnt already have massive?

the correct question is... who doesn't already have a pirated copy of all of NI's software aside from the maschine software?

the point is... it's a legit copy, for free to users of maschine. Plus they are likely to create piles of new presets... and maybe they will add new sounds.

How can anyone complain about all that for free when you already have the product?

Exactly!!!
By TYPO Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 pm
emptysea emptysea emptysea.JAH JAH JAH.
By Undertow Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:09 am
TYPO wrote:emptysea emptysea emptysea.JAH JAH JAH.

On a more serious note.

• Multicoloured pad, group, and transport backlighting
  • New light on dark high contrast screens
  • Revised knobs with larger main encoder
  • Revised buttons – buttons now ‘click’ like NI’s DJ line buttons
  • Integrated pitch shift and timestretch
  • New effects – Transient Master, Tape and Tube Saturation
  • Full version of Massive, NI’s power synth
  • Host transport integration
  • Workflow improvements
  • Customisation kits

Anyone know if there are any other new features?
By Metatron72 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 am
^I have not seen anything beyond what you listed.
By Coz Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 am
It's also got a "panic button" or a stop button to the rest of us.
By sharod88 Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 am
As much as I hate to admit it, this new maschine and update makes so much sense. The back lit keys is a must for me. I'm so torn right now. :(
By Coz Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 am
sharod88 wrote:I'm so torn right now. :(

If you're torn go with what's out and is proven to work as advertised. NI are software Don's and their controller is solid enough to get the job done.

At this point the Ren is still vapour.
By Undertow Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:16 am
Coz wrote:It's also got a "panic button" or a stop button to the rest of us.

Thanks for the info, Coz. I wonder if there will be any upgrade offers for current Maschine owners. If not, it's not major since the older controllers will still work. I stopped using Maschine a while back but will likely get back into it soon. Whatever features it lacks can easily be supplemented by my DAW since anything I use will be only to augment my DAW workflow anyway.

I joke but those obnoxiously colored LEDs on the new controller could actually be useful for organization purposes. I color code like a **** in my DAWs and it helps my workflow by leaps and bounds. The colors can be assigned in HSB color mode, allowing a full spectrum of hues, saturation and values so essentially you don't have to make it obnoxiously prismatic but instead can go with simply monochromatic — Like the Traktor Kontrol unit. It also has the better USB connection of the previous Mikro, whereas the original's connection was kind of dodgy. Minor, maybe but still refinements.

No transport control in Pro Tools though. :roll: :lol:
By Coz Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 am
Undertow wrote:I joke but those obnoxiously colored LEDs on the new controller could actually be useful for organization purposes.

Here's the $64,000 question...

Why do the Saturday Night Fever-esque lights on the new Maschine controller look funky and stylish whereas they look shite on the Ren?!? :hmmm:
By Undertow Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:09 am
I'm not sure. I think it may come down to the way that the colors are implemented on the Maschine mkII — Like the Traktor Kontrol F1, apparently. Maybe the MPC Series is limited in it's RGB color implementation or hindered by where on the pad the illumination originates from, which makes it a bit more jarring. This is assumption though.
By Coz Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:12 am
Undertow wrote:I think it may come down to the way that the colors are implemented on the Maschine mkII

It may even be as basic as the black controller of Maschine just setting off the light show better! Dunno...
By Explicit- Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am
To add my 2 cents...

I went from a 500 to a 2500 with JJOS2 to a Maschine.
At first it was difficult for me to adjust. They work very different than an MPC but to add to that I would say that I didnt really have time to use the Maschine either. I even had it in storage for a few months to finish my last year of college. Since then though I have learned it very well I have deaded my MPC2500 with JJOS2.

I only use the Maschine now.
It has its differences but its a **** dope tool to use.
Plus at that price you really have nothing to lose.