Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By acronym Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 pm
Had to sell my MPC for funds and got Maschine to play with it, however, while I love the sounds. The sequencer seems so extremely poor compared to a MPC.

I'm not sure if its because I'm stuck in a MPC rut but I dislike

No time indicator when you're trimming, chopping your loops.

The knobs are OK but not great compared to using a jog wheel to trim and chop.

I also understand there's a bug where your first beat always ends up at the end of the first bar no matter how much I time it.

I enjoy like i said the sounds most of all, I'm thinking of just ripping the content CD and selling for a MPC 1000 instead of a 2500 now. I was thinking I have more creative freedom but it doesn't seem to work for me, admittedly I had it for a week but i can easily chop, make a beat but it just doesn't click for me at the moment. Has anyone else experienced this?.
By Ill-Green Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 pm
If its not broke, why replace it. Learn and live. And never listen to emptysea again. That dude is creepy and calls a donut and a cup of coffee dinner.
By acronym Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm
Well yep, I had a 2500 but going to a 1000 since space is a premium and I never used the extra q links anyway.

I forgotten how great the workflow is that features.

Maschine is dope but not for me.