Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By forensikz Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 pm
Hey guys, lurked a long time to try and figure out which way to go once i made the jump to hardware... made a premature leap of faith tho and im having some complications.

My setup musically is

a laptop w/ fl studio 10
tascam us 144 interface
akai s950
a shit lil 8 channel berringer mixer
and an mpd26

What i want is to use the s950 for drum programming for now, and sequence it in fl studio. I dont wnat to lose any of that sound the 950 throws on the samples when i sequence. I dont have the power cable for my mpd so i cant use midi out there to the s950 (until i get it anyway) so i have it hooke dup to the laptop via usb. My tascam is midi out to the s950 in, and the s950 is midi out to the tascam in because i figured my controller could then work. Both the out to the tascam and the mix out to the s950 are to the mixer. the mixer then is out to my speakers.

I have no midi connectivity between the tascam and the akai, is my setup wrong having both plugs connected to both machines? ive beens earching for days on a proper setup that can easily achieve what i want (i know its possible).. can anyone help a newb to the hardware world out. ? id reaaaaaaly appreciate it
By peterpiper Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm
Depending on where you're from you could get them cheaper.
watch ebay (I bought 100 for around 20 EUR 2 years ago (old but unused sealed EMTEC on ebay), thrift stores (bought 3 packs of 10 disks old but unused sealed FUJIFILM for 2 EUR 3 months ago in a thrift store) etc
I wouldn't buy used ones.

peace