Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Jidis Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 am
Thanks Jimmie,

I had never considered they'd have used some oddball pitch for that header. I just remember seeing it when I opened mine and assumed it was the standard .1" spacing. Have you checked the usual suspects (Mouser/DigiKey)? I had to buy some weird small ones for internal ribbons on a single board computer a while back, and they had a ton.

You haven't seen an actual 750 service manual around have you?

George
By jimmie Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:14 pm
Roland give great tech support and will send you the S750 service manual upon request.
By Jidis Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm
jimmie wrote:Roland give great tech support and will send you the S750 service manual upon request.

Thanks again Jimmie! Yeah, I had that on my "to do" list before I ran into that 770 file here.

I'm also in need of a backlight on that 750 if you happen to know anything on those (guess I'll be shopping third party vendors there). I also was on a quest years back for (functioning) USB to SCSI converters, but the options looked pretty bleak. I've got an assortment of PCI SCSI cards, but that would make life a lot easier (got two Peavey DPM SP's and a Kurzweil 2500RS all with SMDI).

George
By jimmie Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:44 pm
USB <-> SCSI :shock:
Rather you than me mate. I can never see that happening.

I've got an old PC with an XP hard drive in it and an Adaptec SCSI card just in case I ever need to use it for any old samplers.
It's also there for updating the firmware of Acard 7720U/UW SCSI-IDE bridge cards.
By Jidis Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:22 am
jimmie wrote:USB <-> SCSI :shock:
Rather you than me mate. I can never see that happening.

Yeah, it is a recipe for disaster. You're not only trying to bring it into the present, but you're using it for devices that none of the manufacturers ever intended it to work with (or were even aware of).

I'll probably do like you and just dedicate an old rig to it. I've got plenty of them to go around.

George
By Jidis Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 pm
Jimmie-

Just ran across this and figured you might be interested:

http://www.prosper-donge.com/tag/s770/

Some good info there. Don't know how I hadn't already seen it with all my 750/770 searches. I guess that explains the mystery internal SCSI header. It's only 40 pins and it wires directly to the ribbon. Don't know why the heck they would choose to do that, but it is what it is.

Take Care

George
By Clint Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:37 pm
Any info on how the Roland DJ70 MkII compares to the S770/S760?