Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 pm
:shock:
How much?
By Clint Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm
Harmoncj wrote:looks really good!!

+1

Feed your sampler.

Just remember that the maxed memory of an S-950 will not fit onto a single floppy disc, you'll have to use two unless you have the IB-105 (HD) or IB-109 (SCSI) expansion fitted. Or a floppy emulator of course.
By 1TIME4URMINDS Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 pm
Next batch is the IB-105 HD interface , it's in production , not finished yet.
It will be avalaible soon.

The IB-105 is not a SCSI interface.

Its protocol is very similar to SCSI but with some difference, so a SCSI device can not directly be used with the IB-105 Interface.

I named it "IB-105 Mk2" because I made some modifications :

- Digital inputs are bypassed , it doesn't affect the s950 sound that is due to AD & DA converters.

- The DB19 pin connector is hard to source , I replaced it with a common DB25 pin same as RS232 & SCSI.

The IB-105 Mk2 is designed to store data in a special CF card reader. It will be able to recognize 1Gb CF cards (maybe 2Gb but I can't certifiate for the moment , I have to make tests before).
Last edited by 1TIME4URMINDS on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Clint Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Horseclick wrote:1gb cf cards are hard to source and are getting exspensive,

I think you should aim to get compatibility with whats on the current market 16-64gb cards.

Probably limited by the OS in the machine like many other samplers from the 80's/90's. 1gb CF's are hard to find brand new, but you can pick them up used if you look in the right places.
By Horseclick Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm
yea could be but if the dude is making a emulator and using cf cards then like hxc if he can work the firmware to sort of have 1gb partitions on like a 16-64gb cf card, add some arrow buttons to flick through each partition would be awesome,

a much more viable option if it can be done.
By Horseclick Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 pm
1TIME4URMINDS wrote:
The IB-105 Mk2 is designed to store data in a special CF card reader. It will be able to recognize 1Gb CF cards (maybe 2Gb but I can't certifiate for the moment , I have to make tests before).

So its a sd reader or CF?
By 1TIME4URMINDS Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm
Horseclick wrote:so are you developing both the IB-105 Mk2 and the emulator device?

to be clear are they separate units?

also any pricing information?

Thanks

I'm developing the IB-105 Mk2 and working on SD card reader compatibility.

This is not an emulator device. I want the SD card reader working like an external Hard Disk with the SCSI speed for storing & loading. This way people can keep the floppy drive in the s950 and backup all their floppy disc on SD card.

A floppy drive emulator isn't that speed compared to SCSI.

The choice of SD card reader is due to the cheap price of 2GB & 4GB SDHC cards.

3 formula are possible :

* IB-105 Mk2 with the SD card reader + specific cable (only for IB-105 Mk2)
* IB-105 Mk2 only
* SD card reader + specific cable (only for IB-105) for those who already have the IB-105 in their s950.

Price will be affordable but I can't tell now.
Last edited by 1TIME4URMINDS on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.