Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By godxbOmb Fri May 16, 2014 11:32 pm
Man. It's going to take me ages to decide on which color... Purple, Yellow, Green, or blue on black? :hmmm:

They all look ill...but that purple is the most unusual of them all. But the yellow is quite inspiring. WHAT DO I DO?! :WTF:
By MisterWhite Sun May 18, 2014 9:03 pm
I would say, if you want one of the displays with a dark background, here are the two I suggest:

- white on midnight blue - this is the most popular choice for people who come to see the displays in person. It has a striking white text on a blue-black background and is highly visible
- acid yellow - this is another striking display, contrast is strong, the text is sharp and bright, it suits the S950 well

If you want to be able to read the display from a sharper angle - white on ocean blue is a lovely display. Better than the photos show :)

Blue on black, and black on blue, I found them to be not so easy on the eyes...

Whatever you choose, it makes the display easier to read than the original :)

Thanks!

Matt

godxbOmb wrote:Man. It's going to take me ages to decide on which color... Purple, Yellow, Green, or blue on black? :hmmm:

They all look ill...but that purple is the most unusual of them all. But the yellow is quite inspiring. WHAT DO I DO?! :WTF:
By MisterWhite Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 pm
Oh man I'm sorry I didn't see this reply earlier. I don't have an E6400 so I can't say for sure. But you are welcome to contact me - if you could send me some information and photos, I might be able to help.

gonche wrote:These display's look amazing, have you looked at any of the EMU samplers? I have a 6400 Classic which could do with an upgrade :)
By godxbOmb Tue May 20, 2014 5:24 am
I just bought an MPC60II backlight from you on misterwhite. I hope it's bright 8)
By MisterWhite Wed May 21, 2014 7:08 pm
Ahhh, Mr. godxbOmb, yes of course, I did pick you out a juicy one. Only the best for MPC Furums members :) They are all very good really. I have made some improvements over the years to the backlights, so they are the best available. Each one handcrafted, right here on my dining table (space is tight).

It takes about 6-10 days for the packages to reach your part of the world, so it should arrive perhaps later this week or early next week. Let me know if you need any help.

godxbOmb wrote:I just bought an MPC60II backlight from you on misterwhite. I hope it's bright 8)
By MPCdawk Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:21 am
Wow! The displays look great!

Are they 40x2?

I don't suppose you know if they could be got to work in the Eventide H3000?

I think there would be quite a few people who would be interested in fixing their H3000 displays.
By MisterWhite Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm
Hey, yes they are 40x2. If you email me we can have a look and see if they will work on the Eventide. I'll need some measurements and a couple of photos of the Eventide with its front panel removed. If you can do that for me, let me know and I'm sure I can improve your display.

PS If anyone has a Roland D550 and wants to help me with a small detail, let me know and i'll do you a deal.

Matt
[email protected]

MPCdawk wrote:Wow! The displays look great!

Are they 40x2?

I don't suppose you know if they could be got to work in the Eventide H3000?

I think there would be quite a few people who would be interested in fixing their H3000 displays.
By marrelarre Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 pm
First I'd like to encourage people to do business with this man, great service and great product, i got the white on blue about a year ago and its so clear and good looking :nod:

Secondly, MisterWhite, do you include any instructions for replacing backlights on the 3000? strongly consdering to get one but im not sure i can McGyver the process and improvise :lol:
By godxbOmb Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:20 am
I installed my new MPC 60II backlight that I bought from MisterWhite a couple of weeks ago. I can't recommend his stuff enough. You are a real helpful guy too!

When payday arrives I'll be ordering an S950 screen from you :mrgreen:
By MisterWhite Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:36 pm
marrelarre wrote:First I'd like to encourage people to do business with this man, great service and great product, i got the white on blue about a year ago and its so clear and good looking :nod:

Secondly, MisterWhite, do you include any instructions for replacing backlights on the 3000? strongly consdering to get one but im not sure i can McGyver the process and improvise :lol:

Marrelarre, hey man, thank you for the great comments about the display, it's good to hear that you are still liking that display. And sure I include instructions with all of my backlights and displays. Send me a quick PM with your email address and I will send you the instructions now, you can see what you are up against :)

I would say that replacing the MPC3000 backlight is a bigger job than fitting a 950 display. Most of the work is taking the tilting display apart. It just takes a little time and patience. And I have a whole lot of photos I took of the install process, so if you ever get stuck with anything, or want to see the extra photos, let me know and I can email you the extra information.

godxbOmb wrote:I installed my new MPC 60II backlight that I bought from MisterWhite a couple of weeks ago. I can't recommend his stuff enough. You are a real helpful guy too!

When payday arrives I'll be ordering an S950 screen from you :mrgreen:

godxbOmb, thank you so much for the kind words, that is good to hear! If there's a particular colour you are looking for, let me know. And if you need any instructions or pics, send me a message.

All you folks, seriously, thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a lot!
By WASKMUSIC Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 pm
got a question about this displays so i hope you can help me out. got an lcd display from a friend of mine because as he bought his unit second hand there were 2 lcd displays. one installed and a second one, also an lcd. so i picked it up from him, want to mount this in my s950. but the cables broke (not the big one on the connector, i mean the small one with two wires on it). so now i got the two-wired cable (for power) and the display itself.

now my question:

i got a black and a red lead on the cable. which one of them got to be on top after connecting it to the P401 connector on the board?

if i am looking on my display, facing towards me, on the left there are the connection points for the power supply.

the black wire is on the right, the red one on the left (on the solderpoints in the upper left corner)

so, i hope u understand my question.

left solder point to the top of the P401 connector?
right solder point to the top of the P401 connector?
left solder point to the bottom of the P401 connector?
right solder point to the bottom of the P401 connector?

hope u understand, difficult to explain in a different language ;)

thanks for replying.

peace, WASK
By MisterWhite Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:17 pm
Hi, I am afraid that the display you have there is not one of my products. I never solder wires to the display, because the natural movement of wires does over time fatigue the solder joint. Without seeing the exact model of the display, I couldn't tell you for sure. If you send a photo of the display's rear via a private mail I'll see if I can help.