Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Clint Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:50 pm
@ The Frenchman

What I don't want you to do is turn this thread into some sort of argument about suppliers and modifications etc. If you want to buy your display from the other seller, that's fine, do so. And good luck.

If you want to buy from someone with an untarnished reputation, who gives excellent aftersales support, someone who is also a valued member here and also contributes to threads resolving display/invertor issues then I'd recommend Matt over anyone out there.

We don't want to know what the Frenchman has to say, and we don't want to promote him here, so just leave it at that now.
By The Frenchman Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm
I already buyed scsi & memory boards for MPC60 and memory boards for s950 from the Frenchman. His boards are well done & are perfectly working.

I just took a look at his picture in his ebay auction.

His LCD display is not more bright in one side. It's exactly the same as MisterWhite sells but it's less expensive.

Competition is opened !!!
By fooddude Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 pm
MisterWhite wrote:Thanks :) They are easier on the eyes for sure. A tough to read display is really the only drawback, for me, with theS900/S950. I wish I could make it available for other units like the MPC60/3000 but there is a lot of work and cost involved to get a similar display up and running for those units. Don't rule it out though, I'm certainly looking into it :)

fooddude wrote:@MisterWhite

Just discovered your LCDs last week.. awesome stuff man! This will def change the mood/vibe when making music :) ...easier and calmer on the eyes (less straining)

When I have extra cash..I will def buy it for my S950

But are these colors available on the MPC60 too? It would look soo dope to have the mpc60 with a black screen with green/blue/acid-yellow text :D

Awesome! I'll def keep my fingers crossed!

(even though I replaced my worn lcd to a new one a year or two ago..I love yours much more :))
By The Frenchman Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 am
MisterWhite wrote:@The Frenchman - I'm all for competition, and the last thing I would ever do is attack your friend's products.

Having said that, I'd like to address an important point, mon ami :)

I'm not talking about the picture quality or the contrast or lighting, I just want to address one thing, something you cannot hide with any camera:

I want to ask, why are your friend's displays brighter on one side than the other? If indeed we both source our displays from the same supplier, and no modifications are needed, our two displays should look exactly the same, shouldn't they? But they don't. How could this be?

Questions need responses.

Don't ask your friend to censure the truth, please.

Coherent response with R7 resistor explanation & Pin 16 in contact with the s950 chassis causing a risk of short was censured because it begins to make customers open their eyes.

Hey mon ami, you speak like you have electronic knowledge ???

What do you speak about, I just saw his pictures. It's not brighter on one side. It's exactly the same display as yours for 35% less expensive.

You said you are all for competition? Ok let's speak about it.

Speaking about modification is unfair for customers.
A guy who don't have electronic skills can believe what you say but you know that ....... knows the truth and have better skills than you. This in not an attack, only comparaison of his work & yours.

Making EL backlights (Electroluminescent Lamp) is very easy to do and doesn't require any special skills. Each one can come one the backlights market if he know basic things like :
What material to use & where to buy it? ???
Which material makes which color? ???

If you are all for competition, don't ask your ... friend ??? to remove this answer.
By MisterWhite Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm
I'll respond, since you seem intent on attacking my reputation and product and getting this thread locked down, as you have managed to do with every single one of your previous threads. I have never asked anyone to remove any of your comments, you manage to get those removed all by yourself.

(If you could stop changing your name though, everytime you put your foot in it, it would make it simpler for everyone to follow)

I have already helped you out more than enough, pointing out that your displays' backlighting was dangerously unbalanced, brighter on one side. You rushed to TRY and correct this balls-up. How many defective displays did you sell before I pointed out your schoolboy error? I hope you will be refunding those customers and apologising to them. But you've got a history of selling defective rubbish with the S950 / MPC60 memory boards that didn't work. Because if you had any real knowledge at all you would know that each one of those displays will have the brighter LED fail at far less than the rated lifetime. Will you be replacing those customers' displays when they fail in 2 weeks, a month, 6 months? Or do you treat customers with the same contempt you show everyone else on this forum?

Then you tell me that your displays look like excrement because 'you bypassed R7 resistor' for the display in your ebay photo. Way to go - MODIFY a display to make it look WORSE for your advert. Yeah right :hmmm:

And then the barefaced lie that my displays could ever possibly short circuit, impossible. Any of my customers will be able to verify this, since they have seen the product for themselves.

I'll just say this about your anaemic efforts. You have got it just as wrong as you had it before. Messing around with the circuit might help balance it out a bit. But it's still not right, and you know it, and I'm certainly not going to tell you how to do your job, again. So, no, we are not selling the same product. You're not even close.

It's especially rich of you to attempt to besmirch my good name, given your documented history of selling faulty memory boards and pirated operating systems:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164417
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166455

The best advice I can give you, and please take this in the generous spirit in which it is intended mon ami, is to:
(a) put down the crackpipe
(b) GTFOHWTBS

Yours faithfully,
Matt

The Frenchman wrote:Questions need responses.

Don't ask your friend to censure the truth, please.

Coherent response with R7 resistor explanation & Pin 16 in contact with the s950 chassis causing a risk of short was censured because it begins to make customers open their eyes.

Hey mon ami, you speak like you have electronic knowledge

What do you speak about, I just saw his pictures. It's not brighter on one side. It's exactly the same display as yours for 35% less expensive.

You said you are all for competition? Ok let's speak about it.

Speaking about modification is unfair for customers.
A guy who don't have electronic skills can believe what you say but you know that ....... knows the truth and have better skills than you. This in not an attack, only comparaison of his work & yours.

Making EL backlights (Electroluminescent Lamp) is very easy to do and doesn't require any special skills. Each one can come one the backlights market if he know basic things like :
What material to use & where to buy it?
Which material makes which color?

If you are all for competition, don't ask your ... friend to remove this answer.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:13 pm
Frenchman - it's clear you are the one and the same person who has been posting here for the past few weeks under various usernames. You now seem to be using proxy services and Tor to hide your actual IP address, but it's clear to pretty much everyone who you actually are. The MO is identical.

We've changed your username to reflect your more recognisable identity, but ultimately I am not happy with anyone posting on these forums impersonating customers and trying to deceitfully undermine another member.

This topic is about Matt White's displays and it's now going back on topic.
By MisterWhite Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:59 pm
A couple more colours here. First up is the purple on black - this is a strong colour with great readability. Next is the blue on black, and this is a more unusual colour. It's a very deep blue, on black:

Purple on black:

Blue on black:

By S-sampler-s Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am
I also have one of the ocean blue displays for the S950, and it's great !
I also have a s2800............ Should I get my hopes up for that one, 'cause it's display is fading FAST and so is becoming quite a pain to use. Also, there is a horizontal black line going through the top line or two. SIGH!!!
By MisterWhite Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Thanks folks for all your kind words! I'm pleased to hear that the displays are working out well, and that they are easy to fit. They should stay as bright as they are for many years, they are built to last. I am very happy with how they turned out.

About MPC3000 / MPC60, 60II / S1000 / S2800 / S3000 / VX600 etc etc displays:

I would love to offer you folks something similar for those great machines. The problem is, Akai had those displays custom designed and manufactured, they are an unusual size but they also have an unusual display chipset (the method of sending data to the display is unusual, very rarely seen in displays). The display chips are also obsolete.

I did locate a whole load of display chips that would work. The displays can be designed and manufactured from scratch but it is just SO much money (and a lot of work).

The good news is, those old displays are actually superbly made, and should last for ever.... If your display does develop lines (which is very rare with these) I can fix that for you. The backlights do eventually become dim, that's where I come in :)

Matt