Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Clint Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 pm
Somebody always has to be the guinea pig with new upgrades. You've got an MPC60 and an S950, so why don't you give it a try and report your findings? Try a 720k version and if it doesn't work in the S950, use it in your MPC60. You got nothing to lose the way I see it. Testing the 1.44mb one would be a shot in the dark, but for the salvation of S950 owners everywhere somebody should be brave and give it a try. :nod: :nod: :nod:
By Clint Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:35 pm
fooddude wrote:I wonder if they have a "DL" model (999 files) for the 1.44 version..

Why don't you ask the seller/s and report your findings instead of asking us? If you really want to know stuff as much as you seem to, it cant hurt to DO SOME OF YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Be pro-active, you'll feel better for doing it.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
By godxbOmb Sun May 11, 2014 10:51 pm
I am also interested in knowing if it does. Someone should definitely try and report back.
By ultra auris Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm
anybody had any luck? I got one in a 900 right now and it boots and all but I cant get it to format using the 2 button method or via a computer. not sure if I need to format it differently. worst case its going in mu 60 but I would love a cheaper option for 900/950s than the hxc.
By peeping tom Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 am
sorry for bringing up an old thread, but keen to know if anyone has tried this?

s900 disk drive died and i too would be keen on a cheaper alternative to the HcX emulator.
By peeping tom Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 am
thats a hcx emulator. have not found anything gotek and s900 related.......i know the hcx are s900 and s950 compatible, but the gotek usb emulator?
By peeping tom Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am
i'll be the test dummy. going to order the same one as clint has previously posted about putting in the mpc60.

will let ya's know how it pans out.
By motosega Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:00 pm
normally the only things that work with the gotek emulator are things that use dos formatted floppies and standard pc floppy drives. but there are some things that wouldn't be expected to work but do. like the roland samplers. you really have to try it to see.