Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Horseclick Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:49 pm
ebay item number 331587937231
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331587937231

"US stock!

Up for auction Gotek floppy emulator with HxC Firmware.

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html

So, what's that? Jean-Francois Del Nero has reworked his original HxC floppy emulator for not expensive Gotek drives. This firmware is fully compatible with universal HFE format. That means, from the number of supported formats, there is no difference between this updated emulator and original HxC SD Card emulator.

However, that's not so easy to update Gotek drive with HxC bootloader, it requires special environment and the license for the HxC bootloader. This item is fully and legally updated with HxC bootloader and latest HxC FW. Having HxC bootloader, you then can update FW on your own by just copying it on a USB stick. Current status of main FW is beta stage, but with almost every week update. It emulates 1 floppy drive (configurable ID0 or ID1), supports both Read and Write to HFE format, ADF Amiga format and direct read of IMG format(even without the conversion). it also supports external i2c LCD (additional $9 for the HW). "
By peeping tom Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:34 am
i have no idea what drive / format the mpc60 uses, but i imagine its similar to the s900, seeing as one was released in 86 and the other two years later.
I will let you know how it works out, There must be a few people keen to replace the floppy drives in these old things cheaper than what you can using the HcX emulator, even if it requires a little more work to get working. for 30 bucks these gotek things are a steal.
By peeping tom Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:03 am
scsi on s900 doesnt exist......correct me if im wrong.

you can get the Ib 101a interface for Atari hard disk - special ASCSI (not SCSI standard! ) Atari volume hard disk.......
By peeping tom Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:05 am
Horseclick wrote:ebay item number 331587937231
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331587937231

"US stock!

Up for auction Gotek floppy emulator with HxC Firmware.

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html

So, what's that? Jean-Francois Del Nero has reworked his original HxC floppy emulator for not expensive Gotek drives. This firmware is fully compatible with universal HFE format. That means, from the number of supported formats, there is no difference between this updated emulator and original HxC SD Card emulator.

However, that's not so easy to update Gotek drive with HxC bootloader, it requires special environment and the license for the HxC bootloader. This item is fully and legally updated with HxC bootloader and latest HxC FW. Having HxC bootloader, you then can update FW on your own by just copying it on a USB stick. Current status of main FW is beta stage, but with almost every week update. It emulates 1 floppy drive (configurable ID0 or ID1), supports both Read and Write to HFE format, ADF Amiga format and direct read of IMG format(even without the conversion). it also supports external i2c LCD (additional $9 for the HW). "

well i'll be damned. this would be great cos we know the HxC works with the s900, straight out of the box.
By Horseclick Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:27 pm
richie wrote:sd2scsi is available for $20 more.

+1 for any sampler with scsi
working great on my 3k with valixy

however the scsi2sd is not working with my maxed 950 yet.

i'll give a heads up once it is.

but this gotek hxc flash should mean instead of dropping a handful of change on the polish ones, i'd rather drop that change and get several of these gotek mods.

waiting for it to mature abit before i invest.
By peeping tom Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:52 am
yeah the s900 didnt require resistor mods for the HxC, so i would like to say the gotek doesn't but i guess time will tell. :-D
By motosega Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:10 pm
aparently, to flash the gotek with the hxc firmware you need by a licence for €10 for each drive.

you might also needsome sort of programmer cable, (havent googled that yet) these are normally pretty cheap. about 15€

if you have more than one sampler it gets cheap pretty quickly.
By djobserv Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:56 am
Wow haven't posted in several years.

I got the DL model working in my 60.

I've got a S900 coming and I have an extra DL model. Not sure when it'll be arriving, but I'll try to get it working and post the results.
By peeping tom Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:17 am
so i got the drive in and it powers, but not saving / loading. May be that i havnt formatted usb properly

when i got the old floppy drive out, the power cable looks to have been modified, so im wondering if someone has done mods to the cable to be able to run another floppy drive type - will keep trying!

Good news, the s900 boots fine and the disk seems to mount when i go into Disk menu - just tries to format and then says "oops, bad disk etc"

Any input greatly appreciated

P
By peeping tom Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:33 am
So im no expert, but it doesn't work.
I am going to need to update the flash rom with the HXC released version. Disk capacity as it stands is 720, i need it to be 750 or 800 or whatever the S900 is trying to spit out.
Will keep the thread updated as i progress with the gotek.
By vout Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:19 pm
I can report that the Gotek drive with HxC firmware works flawlessly in the S950 - you must use the prepared S950 disk images supplied with the HxC software also make sure you use the correct .cfg file - this will be 'indexed mode' unless you have added an lcd to the Gotek drive.

Using a Sandisk Cruzer Fit 8GB I can load and save entire disks and individual programs, samples etc. The only thing you cannot do is format a disk image directly from the S950, but this is no problem (I think it's the same with the regular HxC drives) - you can add blank disk images on your computer to the USB stick (up to 1000) Also formatting/creation of new disk images directly from the S950 is a planned future upgrade to the HxC software.

Cheers, vout