Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By abc Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 am
mr_debauch wrote:the thing to consider too is that you don't save anything, you just turn off the machine and turn it back on and everything is still assigned.

I was planning on using it mainly for fx and to get that warm feeling in my 2500 by recording samples through it. How does the 404 stand up to the sound of the 303?

mr_debauch wrote:yeah.. it isn't about ram, it is about space on the card.... which equals to hours on low settings and many many minutes on the highest quality with stereo.
[/quote] Damn, I feel like if they combined qualities from the 404 with a mpc it'd be unstoppable. I run out of ram all the time.
By mr_debauch Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:20 pm
the 404 is the better machine, the 303 is still great but uses smart media cards which are hard to find. the 404 uses cf, the 404sx uses sd. The 404 has more different fx than the 303 but some of the 303 ones apparently sound slightly better compared to it's 404 counterpart.... often mentioned is the vinyl sim fx.... but honestly it won't matter. Don't choose the 303 for that... choose it because it's cheaper to buy, or something that matters more.... but even then you will have to dish out to get the smart media cards which are hard to get these days.
By medearis Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:46 pm
On the 404SX you can use the "Backup Save/Load" functions to sorta-kinda have access to sample banks. You can have up to 12 different backup points at any one time.

Initially - it wasn't a big deal to me until I started using the banks for different things. One of them is for found-sound/field sampling specifically. The other 11 are used for various things, a few have synth drums on it, a few have breaks another has one-shots from my drum sets, etc.

The samples are fixed to each backup though - so there is no swapping samples to different saves. That'd be dope though.