Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By MiniDX Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 am
ntalec wrote:Spark is/was pretty much a failed product with little bit market share it achieved.

That's bs and they even released a newer version : Spark LE. If they didn't make money on the spark they would have given it up rather than making a new.
By ntalec Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:26 pm
MiniDX wrote:
ntalec wrote:Spark is/was pretty much a failed product with little bit market share it achieved.

That's bs and they even released a newer version : Spark LE. If they didn't make money on the spark they would have given it up rather than making a new.

LE was because it wasn't making money NOT because it was successful.
By Blue Haze Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 pm
Is it me or does 2.0 sound better than 1.8? I`m on MkI and I`m content with the just the software for now. But I have to use the computer because there is just so much more info to use. But the graphics for the synths and mixer are spot on. 8)
By ntalec Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:43 pm
Blue Haze wrote:Is it me or does 2.0 sound better than 1.8? I`m on MkI and I`m content with the just the software for now. But I have to use the computer because there is just so much more info to use. But the graphics for the synths and mixer are spot on. 8)

People disagreed with me when I said that v2 on the old hardware would be more computer use than hardware use.

When it's all said and done it will bolster the sales of the Studio for people wanting more hardware aspect than mouse.

Interested in seeing the overall reaction to the smaller hardware and v2 for live performance.
By inflict3 Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:03 pm
im not impressed with 2.0 at all, didnt buy it, only running in demo mode, but i get drop outs and a cpu spike everyonce in a while and nothing is going on to cause this, i can onpe up a beat with some drums going and one instance of razor in 1.8, which is where the beat was made and it runs fine no drop outs or anything, i onpe the same beat in 2.0 and every so often i get a skip/drop out and when it happens you see the cpu meter jump, also the beat can be going for a while no problems and all the sudden i move the pointer across the screen and 2.0 freezes, like i hit the pause button for a split second... WTF... VERY unhappy, Im sooooo glad im broke right now cause i would have probably bought it without testing it first....
By MPCTNT Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:31 pm
inflict3 wrote:im not impressed with 2.0 at all, didnt buy it, only running in demo mode, but i get drop outs and a cpu spike everyonce in a while and nothing is going on to cause this, i can onpe up a beat with some drums going and one instance of razor in 1.8, which is where the beat was made and it runs fine no drop outs or anything, i onpe the same beat in 2.0 and every so often i get a skip/drop out and when it happens you see the cpu meter jump, also the beat can be going for a while no problems and all the sudden i move the pointer across the screen and 2.0 freezes, like i hit the pause button for a split second... WTF... VERY unhappy, Im sooooo glad im broke right now cause i would have probably bought it without testing it first....

Thanks for 1st hand opinion. No 187s yet
By Blue Haze Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm
So far all I have been doing is working out the parameters for mark 1, reloading 1.8 projects into 2.0 and playing around the drum synths so far so good. Though I had to clear out a lot of legacy plugins like waves 8 I'm now on waves 9 that was hangin up the start up scanning for nonsense. I will get into more building today the mix window is
a nice addition.
By b-righteous Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:07 am
inflict3 wrote:im not impressed with 2.0 at all, didnt buy it, only running in demo mode, but i get drop outs and a cpu spike everyonce in a while and nothing is going on to cause this, i can onpe up a beat with some drums going and one instance of razor in 1.8, which is where the beat was made and it runs fine no drop outs or anything, i onpe the same beat in 2.0 and every so often i get a skip/drop out and when it happens you see the cpu meter jump, also the beat can be going for a while no problems and all the sudden i move the pointer across the screen and 2.0 freezes, like i hit the pause button for a split second... WTF... VERY unhappy, Im sooooo glad im broke right now cause i would have probably bought it without testing it first....

I can assure you this is not normal and specific to your setup. None of the testers experienced this and you don't see that on the NI forums that is active with plenty users. M2 is way more efficient than 1.8 and can load a lot more plug-in before breaking up on multiprocessor computers.
By b-righteous Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:08 am
Blue Haze wrote:Is it me or does 2.0 sound better than 1.8? I`m on MkI and I`m content with the just the software for now. But I have to use the computer because there is just so much more info to use. But the graphics for the synths and mixer are spot on. 8)

It does, there is a much improved interpolation for the sampler and the whole mixer chain is true 32 bit now.
By Blue Haze Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:07 am
Good to know it definitively has a clearer sound than 1.8. One thing though some of my older projects from 1.8 that I made a sample based beat using a phrase sample cut up in a group doesn't import into 2.0 even though it is still in the audio files folder when I look at it in the directory. All of the internal maschine kits import into 2.0 perfectly.
By inflict3 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 am
b-righteous wrote:

I can assure you this is not normal and specific to your setup. None of the testers experienced this and you don't see that on the NI forums that is active with plenty users. M2 is way more efficient than 1.8 and can load a lot more plug-in before breaking up on multiprocessor computers.

yo, .. yo b, im running it in demo mode and i notice if i open safari while playing a beat i make with drums and one istance of razor it starts glitching and popping. now when i have a 2.0 demo beat up, those are pretty intence, i can open safari and load up 5 new windows all with a youtube vid in each one and no glitching or popping!! what gives?? alot of folks are banned from the NI forums, so we cant talk there...i hit up NI, but im not gonna buy untill i can be sure its something with the demo mode.... why would this happen with a cheesy lil tiny beat, but those intense demo beats run like butter???????????
By b-righteous Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 am
It's likely just that your computer can't handle the Razor patch. Razor is really CPU hungry depending on what patch you have loaded. Multiprocessing won't help if a single instrument is maxing out one of your cores. A single sound can only be loaded to one core.
By b-righteous Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:51 am
Blue Haze wrote:Good to know it definitively has a clearer sound than 1.8. One thing though some of my older projects from 1.8 that I made a sample based beat using a phrase sample cut up in a group doesn't import into 2.0 even though it is still in the audio files folder when I look at it in the directory. All of the internal maschine kits import into 2.0 perfectly.

It depends on how you saved it. Did you save the group or project with samples? If not then you may need to add the 1.8 factory library folder to Maschine 2 preferences under library>user. There is also an import Maschine 1x option in the file menu that will convert all your 1x files to M2 format and place them in the browser. It won't overwrite the files so it's safe to use.