Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By DJ Illustrious Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:23 pm
The new Maschine Studio is in the Sweetwater catalog that arrived today...

EDIT BY MPC-Tutor: Added some pics from Amazon:

http://www.amazona.de/preview-native-in ... ontroller/

Last edited by DJ Illustrious on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DJ Illustrious Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:30 pm
AND the Maschine software 2.0 blurb mentions they've added an actual mixer section. :smoker:
By Airyck Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:35 pm
OMG! That is suuuuhhhhhwweeeet!

Looks like the girlfriend is going to need the new Maschine when it comes out!
By forknspoon Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 pm
well... now we know why the ren went down to 999.99...

going to have to stay competitive, my guess is akai drops the price again in 3-6 months when they start getting whooped by NI
Last edited by forknspoon on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By es-k Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 pm
wow... looks dope!!!!

only thing ren might have over that is the ins and outs / usb hub / etc

and if you like the mpc workflow of course vs maschine

i have maschine and the ren

and i use the ren more because i like the workflow a bit better... but maschine is dope as hell, i'll be the first to admit i like making beats on it

and this looks like a step in the right direction.. they pretty much listened to exactly what the customers wanted

i wonder if all Maschines will use the same software
By es-k Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm
Better Mouse Trap wrote:Does this have a the mpc song mode structure? If not it would be a workflow killer to me. :shock:

i doubt it, but since they're advertising it to be more of a "studio" i'd say its safe to assume it at least HAS a song mode now

its one of the main things that distinguishes the mpc line and the maschine line... the whole scene/pattern/pad thing vs sequences/pgms/tracks
By ntalec Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 pm
This product and v2 will cause some real headaches for Akai and their current direction.

The real difference between NI and Akai is NI takes their customer request to heart but sticks with their planned strategy.
If the two can match then it's good otherwise they keep it moving.

Akai on the other hand has evolved into one of those please the customer type companies so they seem to always be trying to tread water instead of developing a plan.

Right now if you look at most of the things people are requesting for the Ren, it's stuff that someone who has been in the business as long as they have should have known or understood the need for.

Look at the original release of the Ren, based on what happened with the 5000 release it should have been bug free and with a pretty sufficient feature set.

Of course we know the usual suspects will chime in about what they have done since release missing the entire point of that should have been the goal of the release.
Instead it was more important to promote the product with dancing brothers and such.

As es-k mentioned the biggest thing holding Akai in the game right now is that NI has no desire to clone the MPC workflow so people who desire that look to Akai.

Would be really nice if Akai would simply learn from their mistakes and grow.
By Airyck Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 pm
I decided a while ago that I'm no longer about this.. .or that.. or that other thing. I'd just rather use them all for what they are good for. So I own a Renaissance, Maschine, and a Push. I'll most likely be grabbing the new studio when it comes out since my Girlfriend is a die hard Maschine user.

I think this is great incentive for Akai to do some big things with the Ren/Studio ... as long as this doesn't put them out of business :shock:

now we wait and see what happens :popcorn:
By ntalec Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:$1000 tho? I guess because of the audio/midi i/o built in!

Love the hi res screens!

But you brought a Ren so that price shouldn't seem off to you. :nod:

Easy to get a deal on.
GC will put them on sale about $899 ($100 off) and also have a $100 or $75 coupon, it's pretty standard procedure.
I tend to always get things from NI when they do this shortly after their release.
Worked on my Maschine, Komplete, and S2.