Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By inflict3 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:01 pm
b-righteous wrote:It's likely just that your computer can't handle the Razor patch. Razor is really CPU hungry depending on what patch you have loaded. Multiprocessing won't help if a single instrument is maxing out one of your cores. A single sound can only be loaded to one core.

so u are saying razor is loaded to only one core?? why is that? i thought this thing was multicore?? i can load the same beat in 1.8 and browse away on safari with no hiccups, yet when loaded in 2.0 my cpu takes a shit.. im on a late 2009 macbook 8gb of ram.. peeps are quick to say, get a new computer, but i dont think thats the case man, i hate to say it, cause i love maschine, but i think the coders are a lil lax over there. considering the amount of shit i do in other programs, yet one razor patch and some drums shits out my cpu.. HAHAHAHA!!! my computer never had a problem untill 2.0 I can have 50 thors running and shit loads of 3rd party Re's in reason going, yet one razor running in 2.0 and my computer is too old/slow/ or whatever..... I see other people having problems too now....

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ehear-mode

if you guys hadnt banned me i could chime in over there, but really see how it is. im not that upset cause i didnt buy 2.0, and 1.8 works just perfect, but what confuses me is this 2.0 is sposto be multi core support, yet it runs worst then 1.8 on single core, dosent make any since at all, i think NI needs to up their coder game, sorry to say it, but im just not impressed, and i feel sorry for people who jump on the bandwagon only to find out that the wheels aint perfectly round..... so there you have it,. test 2.0 out before you spring the 99. on it, then u cant be mad. its sad, cause i was all excited for multicore so i could have more then 4 razors open and not have to bounce em down to audio, but looks like with 2.0 and one razor open i gotta bounce it down if im doing anything else on my computer, very disappointing :?
By b-righteous Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 pm
There is nothing to be worked out. The multicore works fabulous. Maschine2 is way more efficient than 1.8 Like I said none of the testers have issues like that and I'm also seeing the opposite from the forum feedback.

The single core thing is common to all DAWs. The way the host distributes processing load is on a per track basis. In Maschine this translates to per sound. Only time you will get a single plug-in distributed across cores is if that plug-in has a special multiprocessing exception. Such is the case with U-he Diva when you tick Diva's multiprocessing button. But this is a rare case.

You said the same project opens fine in 1.8, Have you updated Razor and Reaktor to the latest Maschine compatible versions?

Also, what version # is listed when you click the NI icon on this so-called "Demo" you are running?
By inflict3 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:29 pm
2.0.0 R883 is the so called demo i downloaded from the NI site.. I ran service center and everything is up to date so far. not quite sure what else to do.. dude, im not bashing NI, just saying the shit works worse for me then 1.8 does, and im glad i tried it before i spent my hard earned money on it.. maybe you are seeing the opposite cause you guys control that forum like forum obamas, banning anyone who doesnt agree with y'all.. sorry for the harsh words dude, but dont come at me all like so called "demo" type shit, u dont run these forums homie.. i got the 2.0 from the NI site, i dont have a serial# cause i havent bought it yet, i see a few others having issues, not sure why i am, maybe it is on the razor end, i feel we are getting close to the problem, but if you are just gonna dismiss me, and label me, like yall are known for doing im not gonna sit and be some polite **** for you to step on.. i like some features of the update and i know NI will have the issues sorted in future updates, but i wanna get to the bottom of it. so far it does seem like a razor issue,.. I just added razor to one of those demo tracks, i notice the one i used has some instances of massive on it. i could browse the web and everything fine with it playing, as soon as i added 1 razor to it, BAM, the problem starts...so what do i do????

again, no disrespect b.
By inflict3 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:47 pm
UPDATE!! it only seems to be happening with razor.. i went to the NI updates to make sure my razor and reactor player are up to date, I ran the updates again. I opened up 2.0.0 and opened a demo song. I added scanner to a group in the demo sond and painted in some events, then opened safari and a youtube vid, everything was smooth, then i switched that pad from scanner to massive, playing the same events, with safari playing a youtube vid, and still smooth as butter, so i switched that same pad from massive to Razor, BAM!! my cpu is shitting. the reason i tried scanner is cause it uses the reactor player just like razor, so i think we see its not the reactor player that causes the issue, its Razor causing it, and since razor is my go to synth, that would explain why all my 1.8 beats glitch and shit out my cpu inside 2.0, but why does this not happen in 1.8?? im wondering if this is a 2.0 and razor issue??? so now i have narrowed it down to razor. I know its a cpu hog, but I feel something is really wrong when 1 instance **** everything up.. did the testers test 2.0 using Razor?? I seriously use razor in everything I do Maschine wise... also B, where do i sign up to be a tester for NI, I have tested for a few companies in the past and i always feel i can find something.... why would razor work better on 1.8 then 2.0? it is just confusing me, but now im not frustrated cause i have figured out the problem causer, it was tricky cause i use razor in like every project I do..lol..im a razor fiend!!! :smoker:
By b-righteous Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 pm
inflict3 wrote:2.0.0 R883 is the so called demo i downloaded from the NI site.. I ran service center and everything is up to date so far. not quite sure what else to do.. dude, im not bashing NI, just saying the **** works worse for me then 1.8 does, and im glad i tried it before i spent my hard earned money on it.. maybe you are seeing the opposite cause you guys control that forum like forum obamas, banning anyone who doesnt agree with y'all.. sorry for the harsh words dude, but dont come at me all like so called "demo" type ****, u dont run these forums homie.. i got the 2.0 from the NI site, i dont have a serial# cause i havent bought it yet, i see a few others having issues, not sure why i am, maybe it is on the razor end, i feel we are getting close to the problem, but if you are just gonna dismiss me, and label me, like yall are known for doing im not gonna sit and be some polite **** for you to step on.. i like some features of the update and i know NI will have the issues sorted in future updates, but i wanna get to the bottom of it. so far it does seem like a razor issue,.. I just added razor to one of those demo tracks, i notice the one i used has some instances of massive on it. i could browse the web and everything fine with it playing, as soon as i added 1 razor to it, BAM, the problem starts...so what do i do????

again, no disrespect b.

No disrespect here either. The so-called demo comment was more about the fact that NI don't have a demo. I know somebody gave out their download link so that's how some were able to demo. Not accusing you, that was that persons mistake for giving the link. The reason I asked is I was wondering if the build it linked to was a beta that's all. 883 is the release though so it's not that.

But yeah, it sounds like an issue with Razor.
By inflict3 Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 am
b-righteous wrote:
inflict3 wrote:2.0.0 R883 is the so called demo i downloaded from the NI site.. I ran service center and everything is up to date so far. not quite sure what else to do.. dude, im not bashing NI, just saying the **** works worse for me then 1.8 does, and im glad i tried it before i spent my hard earned money on it.. maybe you are seeing the opposite cause you guys control that forum like forum obamas, banning anyone who doesnt agree with y'all.. sorry for the harsh words dude, but dont come at me all like so called "demo" type ****, u dont run these forums homie.. i got the 2.0 from the NI site, i dont have a serial# cause i havent bought it yet, i see a few others having issues, not sure why i am, maybe it is on the razor end, i feel we are getting close to the problem, but if you are just gonna dismiss me, and label me, like yall are known for doing im not gonna sit and be some polite **** for you to step on.. i like some features of the update and i know NI will have the issues sorted in future updates, but i wanna get to the bottom of it. so far it does seem like a razor issue,.. I just added razor to one of those demo tracks, i notice the one i used has some instances of massive on it. i could browse the web and everything fine with it playing, as soon as i added 1 razor to it, BAM, the problem starts...so what do i do????

again, no disrespect b.

No disrespect here either. The so-called demo comment was more about the fact that NI don't have a demo. I know somebody gave out their download link so that's how some were able to demo. Not accusing you, that was that persons mistake for giving the link. The reason I asked is I was wondering if the build it linked to was a beta that's all. 883 is the release though so it's not that.

But yeah, it sounds like an issue with Razor.

i didnt get the demo from a link, i went to the NI sight logged into my account and found the update 2.0 download and got it from there. so it came directly from NI, but yes, i agree it has something to do with Razor, sadly :( man, i LOVE that synth more then most people..lol
By inflict3 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:31 am
UPDATE!!! yo, B… I figured it out.. check my post on the Facebook machine page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1203811 ... up_comment
...I am scott on Facebook got a lil white dog in a stroller..
so basically what i found is its razor inside of machine that is the problem….it happens worse in 2.0 then in 1.8.. check the thread if ya got Facebook… a beat with razor opened in 1.8 runs great , the only way to get it to glitch out a lil is by opening like 9 safari windows with youtube vid loading in everyone. now the same beat in in 2.0 if i even select the finder in glitches, if i open a safari window the whole sound takes a shit. now if i just open razor in the reactor player and play it while the 9 pages of youtube videos are playing, nothing, no glitches… now when i just omen a new project in 2.0 and load in a razor and open a window the sound shits too… so it is a razor problem, and more so in 2.0, it still exists in 1.8, but not like in 2.0… also i tested a pretty intense reason7 track, with a high cpu and no glitches, i just wanted to see where reason fell at on the cpu scale, propeller heads really got it down. also the demo tracks, one of em was at 60%cpu with no drop outs, yet just running razor by itself which was high 49% in 2.0 causes hella dropouts while selecting other windows or finder, etc… so that should rule out my computer being too slow, right???
By master-ceo Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 am
monogee wrote:Bout time. I just received an email saying my Maschine Studio is shipping considering everyone else and their grandmother has had the studio for a month now. :WTF:

You'll be kicking it to the curb before the new year. :roll: