Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By es-k Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm
Airyck wrote:I decided a while ago that I'm no longer about this.. .or that.. or that other thing. I'd just rather use them all for what they are good for. So I own a Renaissance, Maschine, and a Push.

im on the same page bro!!! they're all fun and cool for different reasons.. i dig the sp404 a lot too!! lmao
By DJ Hellfire Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:12 pm
ntalec wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:$1000 tho? I guess because of the audio/midi i/o built in!

Love the hi res screens!

But you brought a Ren so that price shouldn't seem off to you. :nod:

Easy to get a deal on.
GC will put them on sale about $899 ($100 off) and also have a $100 or $75 coupon, it's pretty standard procedure.
I tend to always get things from NI when they do this shortly after their release.
Worked on my Maschine, Komplete, and S2.

:wink:
By TT_Lab Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:13 pm
The biggest change I feel in this new controller is that NI finally put the encoder on the right side...I always wondered why they put it on the left side for the first place...
This studio looks dope...but I won't be buying more controllers. besides I prefer the mpc workflow too.
Good to see the game is ON!
By psr Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 pm
wow... nice. but I hope the build quality is more sturdy than the previous ones. Ren is pretty solid as far as build quality in comparison toe ht old maschines

but this looks like the are stepping up with a vengeance.
By labcoats Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm
This is NI's response to the Ren - I guess.
Wouldnt surprise me if there is some kind of built in
'special' synthesis, not including Massive..ahem
Also wouldnt surprise me at some later date a
stand alone drum machine sampler based on Maschine will arrive
from NI - that is according to my contacts who hang out in the cafes of Unter den Linden who overhead some chat by visiting ni employees.. Personally speaking I dont think that would happen.

Akai imho should get serious about the performance aspect of the MPC Ren. It could potentially clean up when it comes to new users who have neither a Maschine or an MPC because a massive deal for many artists in the edm scene (dont know about Hip Hop?) is be the Rens ability to record a live arrangement on the fly using next sequence. But it doesn't work right at the moment. Instant non quantised sequences changes isnt viable. It needs 1/8, 1/4, 1/16 quantised next sequence. And of course a global mixer to enhance that feature is a must. Enough with the half assed stuff thats being implemented. Its an all or nothing deal imo.

and for the record: I prefer the Ren even though its in its box.
Last edited by labcoats on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By psr Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 pm
seems like the transports should be on the right with the jog wheel tho.
So they are calling it the Maschine Studio and it comes with Maschine 2.0 sw. cool.
By DJ Illustrious Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 pm
I'm VERY curious what's been added to the 2.0 software. I had a Maschine MK2 full size, MK2 Mikro, Ableton APC40 and APC20, and a Renaissance and I've sold them all because I still felt my 2500 with JJOS was the best fit for me.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
ntalec wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:$1000 tho? I guess because of the audio/midi i/o built in!

Love the hi res screens!

But you brought a Ren so that price shouldn't seem off to you. :nod:

Easy to get a deal on.
GC will put them on sale about $899 ($100 off) and also have a $100 or $75 coupon, it's pretty standard procedure.
I tend to always get things from NI when they do this shortly after their release.
Worked on my Maschine, Komplete, and S2.

:wink:

Also, this doesn't state exactly HOW MUCH i/o you get. With the Ren, you get a lot of shit on the back. 6 audio inputs, (2 of which are mic pre's, 2 S/Pdif and 2 turntable). 2 midi in, 4 midi out. 6 audio out (4 analog and 2 S/pdif). Plus a headphone jack and a USB hub! So we have to see how much will fit on this new Maschine. Doesn't look that big!