Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By DJ Illustrious Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 pm
It's not that weird. Sweetwater jumped the gun by sending out the product catalog before NI officially announced it. Same thing happened with the Moog Slim Phatty, it showed up in a catalog and it was scanned and put online before Moog announced it. I got the catalog in today and noticed no one had mentioned it anywhere, so I scanned it myself and posted it first in this thread. I am like the 2013 James Jeffrey.
By Ill-Green Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 pm
DJ Illustrious wrote:It's not that weird. Sweetwater jumped the gun by sending out the product catalog before NI officially announced it. Same thing happened with the Moog Slim Phatty, it showed up in a catalog and it was scanned and put online before Moog announced it. I got the catalog in today and noticed no one had mentioned it anywhere, so I scanned it myself and posted it first in this thread. I am like the 2013 James Jeffrey.

Yes.

Happens all the time. I used to try to get Toys R Us catalogs as a kid because they showed games months before they got released.

Whats weird is how Akai handles their products like if we are dumb.
By elogical4now Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:01 am
This is definitely a good look for N.I. Coupled with their extensive software integration/selection it makes Maschine Studio a worthy opponent. Lots of people will be all over this.

As already stated, its a matter of your personal preference. As nice as Maschine Studio appears to be, IMO nothing competes with the MPC work flow.

Me and my Ren...making music and lookin for that 1.5 update.
By moyphee Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 am
I think NI knew that hew hardware image would be featured. Manufactures all know the deadline to submit stock images and the print/release dates. Even though they did not release any details publicly this brings any sales of the Ren/Studio to a crawl. A hit that could prove fatal for Numark.

From a software standpoint the Ren 1.5 has to be phenomenal in features just to be taken seriously. Well played NI.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:20 am
moyphee wrote:I think NI knew that hew hardware would be featured. Manufactures all know the deadline to submit stock images and the print/release dates. Even though they did not release any details publicly this brings any sales of the Ren/Studio to a crawl. A hit that could prove fatal for Numark.

From a software standpoint the Ren 1.5 has to be phenomenal in features just to be taken seriously. Well played NI.

This is a good point! However, even with a new controller, I can't see this thing making the "Maschine Workflow" any different. Things will enhance the workflow, but it's still going to be the maschine workflow. Same as with the Ren. The Ren didn't really change the MPC workflow. It just enhanced it. So at the end of the day, it's still going to be whether you prefer the MPC workflow or the Maschine workflow or both or neither!
By masada2502 Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
moyphee wrote:I think NI knew that hew hardware would be featured. Manufactures all know the deadline to submit stock images and the print/release dates. Even though they did not release any details publicly this brings any sales of the Ren/Studio to a crawl. A hit that could prove fatal for Numark.

This is a good point! However, even with a new controller, I can't see this thing making the "Maschine Workflow" any different. Things will enhance the workflow, but it's still going to be the maschine workflow. Same as with the Ren. The Ren didn't really change the MPC workflow. It just enhanced it. So at the end of the day, it's still going to be whether you prefer the MPC workflow or the Maschine workflow or both or neither!

i agree
By moyphee Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:

I'm in agreement. The new hardware is simply meant to be direct counter the Ren with a friendlier price tag. The 2.0 software will be the real attraction. It's also where NI can lift the bar again. dan and company are going to have their hands full. It's times like this where publicizing a lack resources and programmers works against a company.
By W. Steele Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 am
Personally, I don't find it attractive at all. I will still be happy w/ my MKII, I just hope they bring it w/ the new software.

A mixer section, the ability to load multiple scenes and patterns from different projects and also work in different tempos in different scenes / patterns and I'M GOOD .

And maybe some sub-banks.
By Undertow Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 am
Coz wrote:I bet Dan was crying in his Cornflakes when he saw this! :lol:

Being that the software engineering talent at NI make the boys at Akai seem like mere novices when it comes to software development, he very well should've have been. :lol:

However, it looks promising but I will reserve judgement on the actual Maschine Studio until more details have been released.