Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By distortedtekno Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:21 am
mr_debauch wrote:
distortedtekno wrote: the Aira series

so is this a series or part of a series? I somehow did the assumption thing after seeing these 808 and 909 videos and figured this new machine was both of those in one...

I'm not 100% sure. But I believe the Aira series will be at least 3 machines... the TR-8, the 909 clone (TR-9?), and the TB-303 clone. But if the TR-8 is a combination of the TR-808 and 909 in one unit, that would be even better. I really do hope that's what they did, or at least something for more versatile sounding than the originals. Considering the technology available these days, it's highly possible.
By distortedtekno Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:25 am
Some people have spotted the keyboard synth in one of the videos. After seeing that and reading up on all the speculation, it seems like the Aira series could actually end up being 3 or 4 pieces of gear. I like the possibility of having a few choices. But I hope they didn't compromise quality for quantity.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 pm
Will be interesting to see what they sound like, and what they can do.

They seem to like talking a lot about being the future of electronic music, while relying on their classics for marketing hype, and trying to recreate their sound.

I hope they can nail the sound of the classics, and allow the sounds to be pushed to new territory, or at least just nail the sound.
By fooddude Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:33 pm
Looks like an 808/909(in one box/drum machine) and SH101 digital successors...idk what those 2 others things are; maybe ipad/touch controllers.

I'm not at the least excited; given their current and recent wack synth releases ...not until real people (ie: non-roland reps or real customers/distributers) start doing direct A&B comparisons to the real deal.
By fooddude Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:39 pm
Looks like an 808/909 and SH101 digital successors...idk what those 2 others things are; maybe ipad/touch controllers.

I'm not at the least excited; given their current and recent wack synth releases ...not until real people (ie: non-roland reps or real customers/distributers) start doing direct A&B comparisons to the real deal.

Makes me think all these teaser vids are pure bs...I mean, if these current roland engineers and heads of r&d are so great at their job like these videos make it out to be; then why have their recent products for the past 15 years been so lack-luster and weak??? Did they just wake them up and get them out the closet or something??? Also, why do those engineers in the vids look soo young??!!? The same cymbal used in the 909? Really?! Those guys look like they were born in the 90s lol. (asian isn't an excuse neither...I'm asian and can tell even they are pretty darn young).