Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By SimonInAustralia Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:09 pm
Coz wrote:The best 'cheap' analogue I've heard recently is the Pulse 2. The range of sounds you can get out of it is impressive, so I'm hoping they'll release a keyboard version soon.

You might get lucky, they say they have some new products for NAMM...

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/compon ... -come.html

NAMM Show 2014, Here We Come!

We just embarked on the bus from Waldorf to Anaheim, and we packed some exciting new products!

If you are curious or just want to say hello, we would be happy to meet you on our booth #6009.

By reeloy Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:33 pm
....ok, if the guy with best signature here is sayin so....i'll take it back...and make it a .....do or die....

bitches love arpeggios.....what an amazing album title that would be....

not sure if waldorf packed a keyboard version of pulse 2.....
but surely they have a new hardware synth....

which is a pity, since i don't need any other analog synth anymore....mircobrute does it all....

apart from kik, claps n snares.....what a mess that AIRA Is'nt Really Analog....
By Ian Canefire Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 am
I agree with you Debauch.

I have just spent a few hours this weekend comparing my volca beats with the drums in the Korg Radias. To my ears the Radias sounds just as good if not better. Much depends on the functions of the analog unit. The volca kick does not have a long release. You can only do so much BOOOM with it. Whereas with a multi-functional synth that is all digital pcm you can make all sorts of sounds with the drums.

I like the roland FA-06(putting an integra 7 inside a keyboard with a more powerful processor and performance oriented interface). So I am holding out hope that the Aira is going to be interesting to say the least.

If the aira is a combination of the boss rc505, TR, sp1200 functionality, with the RE space echo effects or all of the effects on the vs8f effects cards, it could be awesome even if only digital. I own so much roland gear I only come to expect hybrid remakes from them with more power in each version.

Not sure if I would buy it...but it would be awesome.

lol

cheers,
Ian
By distortedtekno Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 am
I have a feeling that the emulation will be far more convincing than the Grooveboxes of yesteryear. Technology has come a long way since then. So even if this is what Roland is doing, I'm still interested.

As far as the 303 emulation, I'm sure that's improved well. But I know it won't take the place of my x0xb0x. I'd build another if I wanted a 2nd 303. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to what Roland will do and have fun testing it out when it's finally in stores.

I can't really say if I'll buy the 808 clone or not. That all depends on how well it sounds, as well as the price point. It also depends on what else I have here at home. The MPC and the Volca Beats are a good combo. If the Roland 808 clone is tweakable beyond just the 808 sound, then I'd have to have it. I love the sound of synth drums. The more, the better! :nod:
By mr_debauch Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:43 am
the only cool thing about having roland remake a faithful and accurate remake of the 808 is the fact that the OG 808s are so expensive. IMO roland should be saying **** all that... and they should make an analog 808 kick box.... forget the rest of the sounds, just the kick with midi in... and the parameters. Maybe put a drum trigger in too so it can be rigged with their v drums directly. Keep it cheap and simple, make it look like a mooger fooger or something.. or something of that size.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 am
2nd of the Roland Aira teaser videos, TR-909...

Not shown publicly at NAMM though...

First public showing February, 2014

This paragraph below is the most important part. So anyone here going to NAMM hoping to see Roland's new prototypes and you have no invite, forget it. It's probable that these special invites will have a NDA added to them. But in reality it really means they are not ready.

"We’ve heard that part of Roland’s stand will be roped-off – with no cameras allowed – and only specially invited people will be given clearance to catch a glimpse of new prototype Roland products."
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:21 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:Soooo.... No sign of this at NAMM, no pricetag, and no streetdate?

Maybe I missed something...

They are releasing it on February 15th, at Dancefair in the Netherlands.

Apparently it was being shown to media/industry at NAMM, but behind closed doors/NDA.
By distortedtekno Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 pm
Wow... they got Hardfloor, A guy Called Gerald, and a few other cats in that video. I'm really surprised to see that. I gotta talk to Oliver Bondzio (Hardfloor) when I get a chance. But I have a feeling that he's probably under NDA and can't say much.

I've talked to someone else (I can't mention his name because he might be under NDA as well). But I was told in so many words that all these new pieces are digital. However, he seemed very excited about it... and this guy is a huge analog purist like myself. Given that, it's safe to assume that the sound is really up to par. Though it's still speculative whether the TR-8 may go even more beyond the sound of the TR-808, my guess is that it's very possible. So I've been looking forward to the release of the Aira series. Part of me wants to know everything before it's release, and the other part of me wants to be surprised. Since it looks like the Aira series will sound very impressive, I'm leaning more toward being surprised, especially when we'll know more in a few weeks.
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:34 am
distortedtekno wrote: the Aira series

so is this a series or part of a series? I somehow did the assumption thing after seeing these 808 and 909 videos and figured this new machine was both of those in one...