Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 am
damien907 wrote:i would have to agree with everyone on here, dont sell the 1k, the sterile sound is just cuase your putting sterile in.

dont think that its gonna change the sound you put in, if its not dirty enough on the way in, dirty it up then sample it. i guarantee you will have a dirty sound if you sample a dirty sound!

This :nod:
By jbfunk Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm
Also, think about MPC as a sequencer and arranger. Get your drums/samples tracked as audio stems into your DAW and after you're happy with your arrangement/loop/hook focus on mixing and EQ. If you aren't happy with your drums it could be in the mix as opposed to the samples themselves. A good mix can make all the difference in the world. Enjoy the 60, I've always wanted one :-D
By Ill-Green Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:37 am
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:
damien907 wrote:i would have to agree with everyone on here, dont sell the 1k, the sterile sound is just cuase your putting sterile in.

dont think that its gonna change the sound you put in, if its not dirty enough on the way in, dirty it up then sample it. i guarantee you will have a dirty sound if you sample a dirty sound!

This :nod:

Word, stop sampling sterile sounds. :vomit:
By Christov Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:53 pm
I've added a S950 to my MPC1000, works great soundwise. Sample in the 950, resample into the MPC1000 to get that 12bit vibe and you're ready to go. I imagine this also works with other racksamplers with a more distinct sound than the MPC1000.
By jahsoul Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 pm
tonyscarbones wrote:just get an ensoniq dp4 effects processor and run your stuff thru it

the end

In essence, this is what I'm doing. I've invested in an Ensoniq Paris system. I'm not sure if a lot are familiar with it but the Paris was a DSP based DAW made in the late 90s, and the EDS1000 cards have the same DSP chips found in the ASR/DP/DP Pro (ESP 2 and 6 per card) with some of the DP algorithms ported to the Paris system. To save space, I went to an ITB setup using Paris and my old E-MU Audio Interface, so I will be running the Paris in "Live Mode" using the hardware/software as a mixer where effects can be added.