Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By inflict3 Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm
yo, i was thinking about doing something like this with my Mikro, but i just love my mpc500 too much, but check out what this dude did..a standalone maschine….

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ne.216435/
By distortedtekno Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:26 pm
I wish I could see the pics close up without having to set up an account there. But this is cool to see someone mod it themselves. Now if this guy can do it, it would be interesting to see what NI may be doing in the future. I recall seeing rumors of NI building a standalone Maschine. But I'm not sure if they really have plans to do it or not. If they do, it'll be a game-changer. Every other company out there will want a piece of that pie. But I know Akai would never get it right. However, I'd love to see NI, Roland, and Korg come through with something like this.
By MaZe Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:54 pm
We are looking at the future
By inflict3 Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 pm
here is my only question………. so, how do you name stuff?? what if you save a beat, can you name it with the controller?? or do u have to hook in that keyboard and monitor???
By Coz Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:59 pm
It's very tidy but complete overkill for a MK1 Maschine. It'd be interesting to see it in the Studio controller.
By damien907 Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 am
this is amazing. maybe ni or akai will take notice and bless us with something similar.
By dazastah Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:I want to see someone do it with a Renaissance!

Yep!! wouldn't be as hard as maschine as it already has the built in audio/midi interface...

I was researching a bit to do it.. With a mac mini and ipad...(Ipad acts as your keyboard and screen) Using air display or something similar that could boot on startup.. Just didn't have the time and money at the time ...

I remember someone else saying they were gonna do it.. They were gonna hack the bottom plate of the ren to do it...
By groovemonger Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am
Hardware sales are picking up across the board with now the big players copying the boutique names, returning to the market big time with moderately-priced hardware offerings.

Seems wrong that there's no truly MPC-like hardware on the market.
By distortedtekno Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm
groovemonger wrote:Hardware sales are picking up across the board with now the big players copying the boutique names, returning to the market big time with moderately-priced hardware offerings.

Seems wrong that there's no truly MPC-like hardware on the market.

Now would be the perfect time for Roger Linn to make a real MPC killer. :smoker:
By SimonInAustralia Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Now would be the perfect time for Roger Linn to make a real MPC killer. :smoker:

I don't think it is going to happen, will most likely be performance, not sequencer, oriented.