Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JVC Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 am
distortedtekno wrote::lol:

The machine was worse than I'd anticipated. I'm still not sure why Akai even bothered to released it...
By inflict3 Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 pm
Coz wrote:This is hilarious! :lol:

hahahhahahah!!! i love that video :worthy:
By distortedtekno Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 pm
JVC wrote:
distortedtekno wrote::lol:

The machine was worse than I'd anticipated. I'm still not sure why Akai even bothered to released it...

Yeah, it seems all the hardware Akai made recently has some major issues. Did you see the posts about the MPX-8 and MPX-16? Seeing all this tells me that if they ever make a new hardware MPC, it's gonna fail as well. It all makes me more thankful for the tried and true classics.
By mr_debauch Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:21 pm
if numark released a rock it would have terrible build quality and be covered in bugs.

I mean, sure... every company releases a dud at some point.... car companies do it.. etc... I mean behringer made only garbage for the longest time. But isn't it a problem when you can't think of a single akai product that didn't have some sort of a problem at some point since they were bought out? The main ones that numark released that were fine were repackaged alesis products under the akai name (products alesis discontinued years earlier before they were acquired)....

Just think of the 1000 (pad issues, terrible programming, plus deliberately lacking features to separate it from the 2500), then the 2500 with terrible programming, terrible tact switches etc... the 5000 we all know what they did there... the MPK keyboards with the keys that pop up... the MPD controllers with terrible pads that were so hard to push it hurt... the 500 with bad pads, bad build quality on important parts like the ram slot, bugs that lock up the machine which should be fixed... All I have to say is the ren and studio guys got **** lucky that akai actually didn't screw them.... it was so unlikely to happen....
By JVC Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:34 pm
... I mean behringer made only garbage for the longest time.

Right, but all of Behringer products are really, really low priced. Yes, you get what you pay for. While I vowed not buy another Behringer products, They impress me with prices, but then you buy it and use it for while, you realize why it is so cheap.
Buying Behringer products is like having abusive relationship; you hope that it is better this time, but it eventually betray you.

Back to the topic, I never understood why they bothered with producing analog drum machine. Had Akai (InMusic) been convinced that there were really such a big demand for it?
By motosega Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:02 pm
does it even have upgradeable firmware? dropouts are a showstopper.

apparently its quite mod-able in the analog section.
By kneebone77 Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:05 am
I just recalled how when the Rhythm Wolf debuted it was not making a sound.
Now I clearly understand why...

:roll: 2:15
By mr_debauch Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:55 am
and the new cat one and the timbre wolf look terrible too...

man, this poor rep for akai... they keep sending him out there with this trash and you can tell by the look on his face that he knows it's trash but he just cant say it (for the sake of his job) .... the grin on his face that he knows nobody is buying a word of his sales pitch. I mean this poor guy really must wish that one day his job could send him out with a product that he could at least pretend to be proud of demoing.

In the sonic state vid, what does this guy tell us about the architecture of the new timbre wolf? It's the bass synth from the rhythm wolf times four.... :Sigh: Why would that be a good thing? That is worse than having just one.

Just check the vid... it's just embarrassing.

By SimonInAustralia Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 am
mr_debauch wrote:man, this poor rep for akai... they keep sending him out there with this trash and you can tell by the look on his face that he knows it's trash but he just cant say it (for the sake of his job) .... the grin on his face that he knows nobody is buying a word of his sales pitch. I mean this poor guy really must wish that one day his job could send him out with a product that he could at least pretend to be proud of demoing.

That is Dan, product manager at Akai, he must be involved in the decision to make this crap.
By peeping tom Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:06 am
JVC wrote:
... I mean behringer made only garbage for the longest time.

Right, but all of Behringer products are really, really low priced. Yes, you get what you pay for. While I vowed not buy another Behringer products, They impress me with prices, but then you buy it and use it for while, you realize why it is so cheap.
Buying Behringer products is like having abusive relationship; you hope that it is better this time, but it eventually betray you.

Back to the topic, I never understood why they bothered with producing analog drum machine. Had Akai (InMusic) been convinced that there were really such a big demand for it?

IMO the behringer stuff ive used (a mixer - not a eurodesk, a patchbay and a guitar pedal) only the guitar pedal was bad quality, and it still works no flaws, just the sound isn't that great, and its plastic. my patchbay is solid as.

back on topic again, this machine is shite. haha the key version looks even worse!

if this trending continues, they'll drown themselves.
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm
Its just crazy that Akai pumps all its resources into a barrage of shitful machines when it could have gone into development of making one machine that will profit them, like a real standalone MPC with optional tethering to CPU, kinda what Korg is doing for the Electribe Sampler that comes this spring.
By tradesman Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:55 pm
that polysynth looks proper shit , it doesn't even sound like the voices are in tune with each other