Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Matriks Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:41 am
Hey guys

I just saw that a guy wants to sale an E-MU Drumulator on the internet. Pretty good condition with original manual.
I have no idea what they're worth... Any experience from someone ($ / € / CHF etc.)?
By jibber Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 am
If you're talking about the one on ricardo, that's on there for sale since almost half a year now. I would say the price is too high. On ebay they are listed around 200 dollars... no idea if they sell.

PS: Good luck for the SP1200 auction of your friend.
By Matriks Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 am
jibber wrote:If you're talking about the one on ricardo

Exactly that one.
Don't know much about that drumcomputer, but I thougt if this is a good price (~450 $) I would take it. But now I think I spend my money in something different :wink:

jibber wrote:PS: Good luck for the SP1200 auction of your friend.

Thanks, we'll see.. he didn't own it for a long time, I think the reason why he sells it is that he needs some money :cry:
By jibber Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 pm
I don't know man, if you factor in the shipping costs and custom fees, it's probably not a bad price. Still too high in my opinion. And for what it's worth, it's just a drummachine with some stock sounds (good ones tho). Those things never appealed to me, but that may be down to me not being overly crazy about drum machines that can't sample.

If i were you, i'd offer your friend to pay him 2000 (tell him to service the machine in switzerland will cost another 600 francs (re-cap, etc), these things are old and will sound better afterwards), and pay it in smaller increments if you can't pay all at once. 500 francs each month maybe... unless you already have an SP1200.

I don't think he'll sell it on ricardo for that price. People there lately seem like greedy sharks that won't pay a fair price for anything.
By Matriks Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:54 pm
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
The point is that I don't need "new" stuff, I was just looking around on ricardo and wondering how prices are for this one these days. Maybe you know that feeling that when you see something that looks good you think you have to buy it :mrgreen:

An SP 1200 is definetly super-nice! But I know myself, I will use it too rarely... And for that it would be a shame.
Money is not the problem, and when I buy something I buy it cash and all at once :wink:

Better makin' more beats on my (your old) MPC :)

And yeah, you're right: Most Swiss people who want to buy something think they will get it almost for free :Sigh:
By jibber Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:49 pm
Haha! Which MPC did you buy? I sold a 2000XL and a 2500SE (it's this one i'm guessing)... :mrgreen:

Did you use an SP1200 before? Maybe it's not your thing... but i can tell you that i've barely touched an MPC again since i have mine. :smoker: :mrgreen:
By Matriks Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm
Right, the 2500 is the one I'm using :wink: JJOS and a couple modifications are now included...

Nope, never layed my hands on a SP.. Maybe that's the reason I can resist to buy one :wink:
By jibber Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm
I miss that MPC sometimes, especially now that the 60 needs a new screen.

Ahh well, good for you then! I remember the first time i've heard / seen an SP1200 in person. A friend loaded some disks with drumloops he created... the second he pressed the play button and "that sound" (and that swing!) came out of the speakers, i knew i needed to have one.

Since i have it, i always say "man, i gotta make a beat on the MPC again"... only to go back to the SP1200 every time! I'm having a hard time not buying the one of your friend as a 2nd one... but no money, go away!!! :fku: :mrgreen: