Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mastasteez Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm
Her's a gay little thread i started over at NI forum's but so far i haven't been able to figure this out. Any of you good fellas know what's up?

Hello, haven't posted in a while and normally when i do it's because i've missed something obvious!

I have Maschine MK1 with 2012 MBP running 1.8 and as the title suggests, when i go to audio & midi settings, select built-in device and then go to routing to select the correct input 1 & 2 (i've always had to do this as when i switched to built-in, internal mic would be enabled) none are displayed (same for outputs).

I recently upgraded to Mavericks and didn't notice issues at first as was using an audio interface (i did have to download the latest Tascam driver before Maschine could locate it) but this definitely happened after upgrading so i'm sure it's that but don't know what i can do to make Maschine recognise or locate the built-in ins and outs.

i have checked the Mac sound settings and ensured built-in is selected but can't really think of what else to try, save for re-installing my Maschine software which i really, really don't want to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers
By W. Steele Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:59 am
This is the one reason that I haven't upgraded to Mavericks and probably won't until NI requires it .

Have you tried setting up an aggregate device for them in Audio Midi settings in utilities (if they even still have it in Mav's) ?
By mastasteez Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:25 am
W. Steele wrote:This is the one reason that I haven't upgraded to Mavericks and probably won't until NI requires it .

Have you tried setting up an aggregate device for them in Audio Midi settings in utilities (if they even still have it in Mav's) ?

I will do a Google search and see how to do this. Thanks. And yeah, I really wish I didn't upgrade as I haven't noticed any benefits. It just popped up one day, install for free, and without thinking downloaded.

I honestly think when this mbp gives up the ghost I'll revert back to a windows laptop, for various reasons.
By mastasteez Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:28 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:Or can you add the internal audio I/O in Audio MIDI Setup, if not already there?

I've checked there and they're already there, nothing seems amiss. Audacity still works as normal so I think it's NI exclusively which is ****. Thought this might be a known issue but crickets over there.

Cheers Simon down under
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm
Can't your downgrade from Mavericks? I know it's a major pain the ass to do as it's time consuming but it will be worth it so you can get your maschine working again :smoker:
By mastasteez Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 pm
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:Can't your downgrade from Mavericks? I know it's a major pain the ass to do as it's time consuming but it will be worth it so you can get your maschine working again :smoker:

I don't think that is possible without time machine (I think I remember reading this somewhere :hmmm: )

If it's possible I'll do it fo sheezy as like I said , not noticed any positives since upgrading. I'll have another read up later on.

Cheers boss