Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By asvos Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm
ok so i got a roland s-220 but i cant get any sound off of it...i wanted to sample say a kick for example from the mpc to the 220 and then back to the mpc with the added grit to it...but the damn thing wont work...i connected the mpc out to the 220 in but to no avail...i also tried using the mpc as a midi controller for the stock quickdisk sounds of the 220 but had no luck here as well...yet the unit starts properly and it seems functional...anyone got any input on this ?thanks in advance
By beat around the bush Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 am
have you checked the manual? i play an s10 and its certainly not the most streamlined approach to sampling, though not without its uses
first you have to select a sampling structure (abcd will use all the memory for one sample, ab half the memory, a 1/4 of it. the /'s let you layer and split samples), then hit record, then standby, then record again i think? i usually use the foot pedal to start sampling
By asvos Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 am
yeah i already went through the manual but still couldnt make it sing....where im getting at though is that i need an external midi trigger to sample thought it would be a simpler process....do you connect the foot pedal via midi or via a 1/4 jack input (the manual says it can be connected via the start input on the front panel)....is it possible to use the computer keyboard as a midi trigger because i dont have the $$$ for a foot switch or a midi keyboard now...is there a piece of software that does that ?
By beat around the bush Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 am
i cant get the s10 to respond to my boss fs-5u foot pedal at either polarity setting, which i find odd. it only wants to work with the 1/4" pedal it came with
i know theres stuff like expert sleepers silent way that can probably be configured to spit out the right kind of trigger. have you tried sending a loud click to the start input?
By asvos Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:06 pm
what do you mean by loud click ?sorry i cant follow but im a bit of a newbie to all that ish...the manual of the s-220 states the pedal switch as optional so there must be another way to trigger sampling