Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By phineus Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:12 pm
:? :cry:
Anyone know what's going on? this is the original (1993) s3000 not the s3000XL

Basically, I had to open her up to do some glue work on buttons, y'know, those annoying blue/grey ones that break and just hang in there but this time the ENT/PLAY button was un pressable!

but while all this was happening, one day (well now) I go up to turn it on and the buttons don't light up, the screen doesn't power up (even checked the contrast knob was pushed on) .. it's just died. -

but there's obviously power going into it some how cause I received an angry electric shock when I was fingering just behind the power switch button! :shock: luckly it was probably just a 12v shock but even so! put me on edge for the next few minutes.
:o

When you power it off you get the typical natural squeeky type noise to know it's powering down. The fuse by at the top left (transformer area) is still ok. I tried pressing down all chips and ribbon cable sockets! still nothing. Even without the floppy drive connected, still nothing!

HELLLLLLLLP!
By phineus Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:38 am
I found out what the problem is, the reason for it not powering up. But now a new problem, I can't get passed the 'waiting for hard disk [skip]' part. :hmmm:

Is this because of this scsi board I put in? I dont want to have to take it out because I recently bought a new zip drive. In the passed I've been able to just skip it.
By phineus Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 am
Ok all sorted now, I guess.

forgot to mention I had the SCSI board for it too, I think it was looking for my zip drive that I had previously had in there from 1 year ago. Forgot I even had a zip drive. Still, I'm surprised it wouldn't let you skip it (maybe a software bug or just me being a dumbass as usual). nevermind all ok now.