Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By phineus Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:48 am
I know the specs pretty much of these 2 beasts, but I've only ever owned the s950, and wondered (one being from 1986 and other from '88) is there a difference? Would love to know from some one who owns both?

Might have misread something but I thought I remember seeing a post or comment from some guy who said the s900 had a different sound, not sure if that's just bull or anything.
By phineus Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:01 pm
thanks. checked your sound clips outs. Yeah sounds prety much the same to me.

Always wanted the s900 at some point though, just for that grey/white number pad area instead of the blue/grey number pad area! haha. Not that looks matter.
By peterpiper Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:25 pm
phineus wrote:thanks. checked your sound clips outs. Yeah sounds prety much the same to me.

Always wanted the s900 at some point though, just for that grey/white number pad area instead of the blue/grey number pad area! haha. Not that looks matter.

it DOES matter. My motivation to make beats would decrease if the case of my MPC would look effed up. I also like the blue/grey design of the 950 more than the s900. thats why my 900 rest in the closet since I got the 950 (ok the color is not the only reason :))

peace