Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jambo Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:56 pm
Whats up mpc forum, got a little problem with my 950.
I was using it normally and suddently the backlight died, with not reason apparently.
I know its weird but Im using it with a laptop cooler fan becouse my room is not ventilate at all and the unit gets hot. Maybe the fan damaged some internal stuff but Its a pretty unusual thing. The fan is between the 950 and the turntable
What can I do? I cant see a sht on it

Peace from italy
By Clint Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:34 pm
Ok so the backlight is dead, but can you still see text on the screen?
By jambo Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:59 am
Now its working. It dies randomly, but when it does I cant see nothing. On gearslutz a guy told me is not the backlight but a component that send electricity to the screen.
By LoopTheCrook Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:59 pm
Buy led display. They are cheap.
By jambo Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 am
Thank you i think the backlight is the best option becouse mpc stuff is USA and the shipping cost is huge even for small pieces. Also becouse sometimes I really cant see words on the screen and I have to force my eyes to read. Those screen are fking awesome.

Thank you again :wink:
By Clint Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 pm
jambo wrote:Thank you i think the backlight is the best option becouse mpc stuff is USA and the shipping cost is huge even for small pieces. Also becouse sometimes I really cant see words on the screen and I have to force my eyes to read. Those screen are fking awesome.

Thank you again :wink:

The screens are not from MPCStuff, they are from RETROILLUMINATION in the UK/EU. Get one, they are 10x better than a normal backlight/inverter, and no import taxes or excessive shipping costs!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-HIGH-CONT ... 33983d4fde
By SimonInAustralia Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:50 am
jambo wrote:What about this one http://www.backlight4you.com/product_in ... nated.html

You are having intermittent problems with your existing backlight.

A new backlight quite possibly will not fix that, as you mentioned earlier, it might be the backlight inverter that is having problems, not the backlight itself.

A replacement LED display does not need the inverter, and looks better than a backlit LCD display anyway, IMO.
By Clint Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:56 am
jambo wrote:What about this one http://www.backlight4you.com/product_in ... nated.html

That one requires soldering, it isnt plug n play like those from RETROILLUMINATION.

I get the impression you're trying to get the cheapest possible option...its a false economy my friend. Take the opportunity to upgrade to a LED display and add some value to your S950.
By jambo Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm
Alright so the cheapest one is crap.

I have another problem with the 950.

Bad data from ALL my floppies. Maybe the floppy drive is broken, or just dirty.
Im not familiar with electronics so im scared to open it up and clean the drive.

Anyway my unit got the hard drive port. What is the best thing to do? Buy an hard drive, repair/clean floppy drive or cf reader?

PS. I hate floppies
By viacom Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:03 pm
Search HXC floppy emulator

SCSI card reader requires a lot of research and not cheap