Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By DonnyDank Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:56 am
Hello,

I just recently bought an akai S-1000 which got the digital in/outputs.
I want to sample through the normal inputs, not the digital input.

If i use the digital outs to record back to the DAW, will it still have the 'classic' sound of the sampler or will it get lost in the digital translation because it's not converted D/A?

I know i should check this for myself but i don't have a digital cable at home to test it out. Any help would be appreciated!

Peace
By peterpiper Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 am
You have 3 cups of coffee

the first coffee is with sugar
the one in the second cup is with cream
the one in the thrid cup has cream and sugar

does any of the cups taste the same as another?
You only get cream and sugar flavour when you drink the third cup. That doesn't mean that the two others taste bad but they are probably not what you want your coffee to taste.
There is only one way to get to know what kind of coffee you like most. Try them all one after another.

peace
By DonnyDank Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:49 pm
I know, it was more an economical question because i dont have enough analog inputs left on my motu 828 so i was looking for other options to connect it (i dont have a cable + converter lying around).

After 20+ years of the existence of the S-1000 i thought someone might actually know first hand what the difference in sound quality is between analog vs digital.
Thanks for replying though ;) I'll check out the difference in "flavour" when I have the tools..

peace
By Star One Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:27 pm
The dirrerence is in taste. You really have two groups of people saying one is better then the other.
Thats why after 20+ years nobody can say what is better.

So he really right about that. You really have to try, or try new unexplored things.
By Star One Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:49 am
Sorry if I was pointing out obvious, I just thought from what you said you misunderstood what they are saying.

It just happens sometimes sounds like people dodge your question, only replying to be a dick but is a real responce.

(: