Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By DonnyDank Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:28 pm
Does this mean a replacement screen will suffice?

Last night it was okay.. i thought this type of screen dies slowly, not suddenly. Hope a replacement will fix it :worthy:

Thanks
By DonnyDank Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:07 pm
I've read on internet that people buy the replacement screen because the lights died, but the can still see the text..
I'll open up the s1000 to see if there's anything loose inside.. :?
By DonnyDank Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 pm
update -

I opened it up. Reseated everything just to make sure. Turned it on and it worked.
Put it back on my desk and hooked everything up again, turned on the s1000 and now i got only half of the screen with text.
Again, the lights are no problem..

Please can someone help me out? Im desperate and i want to make beats!

(BTW nothing on google when searching about this problem)
By DonnyDank Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:51 pm
answer back from ebay seller retroillumination:
--------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pascal, thank you for the question,

A replacement backlight will not help this problem, but I can help you to fix it. Which country are you in?

Here are the two most common causes for this problem:
- a 120 Volt S1000 has been connected to a 240 Volt mains supply, this blows a fuse inside the S1000, can you check the voltage rating on the back of your S1000?
- this fuse can sometimes blow for another reason, for example, a mains spike.

Please contact me, backlights at sky dot com, I can help you to locate the fuse and check it.

Very rarely, there is one other fault that can cause this, but it is extremely rare and only happens if you have disconnected the display and put the ribbon cable back into it incorrectly. This needs a repair to the mainboard. I can repair this for you.

Best regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Stinkersdaddy Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:35 pm
Hi Donny

Can you help? I have the same problem as above. 5v power supply is toast, but when I fire the sampler up with a desktop power supply Sampler springs to life and backlight comes on with no display. The AC transformer is pumping out 17-0-17 volts to the main board. All visible fuses test okay, so is there somewhere else I should be looking to check / repair?

Thanks