Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By karma Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 am
whenever i power up my s950 & mpc1k, i can trigger the tone program chromatically across all 64 pads and everything sounds great. but if i switch the tone sample to a newly recorded sample (recorded at default c3_60) on the keygroup assignment page, then pads d9-d16 have the same exact tonal qualities as pads c13-d4. i'm not making any other adjustments. just changing the sample assigned to the default "tone prgm". i've checked the midi note assignment on both machines and everything matches up. anyone have any ideas?

i've uploaded a video to supplement the explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH1EdPZd5oE
By phineus Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:42 pm
is it something to do with MIDI OMNI being switched on? you tried it switched off?
on the 950 that is.
By karma Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 pm
The problem occurs whether omni is on or off. I've also tried different midi channels and different outputs, but the problem remains. Have you ever heard of anyone having problems with a faulty midi cable? Mine looks good, all of the prongs are in place and it's not corroded or anything like that, but I'm running out of options here. I've tried making adjustments to every setting that I can think of which might make a difference.
By phineus Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Ah I see you took the video down? all ok now?

wanted to comment back but I had just realized but I should have corrected myself that I don't think you could make a 'disk' with that card reader on it but I dunno, I'm pretty quick setting up keygroups on the 950 these days. I'm a ninja on the 950 now and could probably use it blindfolded! (not that I'm trying to show off or anything haha)

but yeah, all 950's are like that with the not very wide pitch range.

PS, sweet looking display!! I got the blue-on-black one!
By karma Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:19 pm
Yeah I took it down. Thanks for clearing things up for me, glad my 950 isn't broken. I love the HxC reader, I have a 32 GB card that I can load full of floppy disc images & it was super easy to install. The new screens are a god send, bright as hell and clear as day!