Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

Which tablet devices do you use to make music?

31%
6%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
19%
38%
By Coz Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:35 am
In the highly unlikely event that some kind soul buys me an iPad for Christmas, that's what I'll be using. :nod:

It's just the occasional iPhone app that gets used for now.
By SILIS101 Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm
The iPad has become an essential part of my beat process, lately. I mainly use the synth apps and "direct record" it into my Ren. My friends say the iPad is a toy and it is gay to use but say my beats are dope, hmmmmm funny. Obviously they don't own one, their just trolling. Most of the synth apps sound thick and powerful. It's going to be even doper when 1.8 drops with the fx inputs while sampling.

Do not knock it.
By distortedtekno Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm
Hey Coz, I hope you get an iPad this Christmas. Which iPhone apps are you currently using?

SILIS101, good to hear you're using the iPad with the Ren. These apps have come a long way in the past few years, which has made me go from iPod Touch to iPhone to finally an iPad. I like using these devices with my SP-404SX so I can make music anywhere.

I wanna hear more about how everyone's using their apps and devices paired up with other gear. So if anyone else has voted, please share your preferred workflow methods. I believe there's a lot to be discussed, and I'm considering asking Tutor for a new sub-forum if there's enough interest shown here. Then we can go into more topics like gear setup, tips n' tricks, separate topics about specific apps, and so on. It would be easier than just using this sub-forum where these topics would get mixed in with other hardware topics. So cast them votes and share a bit of info about your setup.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:27 pm
Standalone = I'll usually use BM2 with synth apps and audiobus to tie it all together. Love audiobus.

W/ other gear = I sometimes mix different pieces however I feel that day.
Sometimes BM2 is master to Triton Extreme and Turbo phatt, sometimes it's not.

4k is always master ANYTIME it's incorporated anywhere, why, because I like it that much.

Triton is usually slave/sound module because I have mass amounts of programs and patches there. I'm perfectly comfortable with it's sequencer and it's mater capabilities but I prefer 4k as master to everything whenever it's used.

TurboPhatt, I don't have a concrete preference whether it's controlled with Triton keys 4k pads or BM2 pads, makes no different to me, I like them all.

I DO like playing Animoog, Sunrizer and Magellan on Triton keys but it's not a must.
Most times I just like to sit there with the ipad, not on purpose limiting myself to IT but, it just happens like that.

I don't have a set way of doing anything, only small preferences here and there. Even those get blurred.