Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.

Which tablet devices do you use to make music?

31%
6%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
19%
38%
By SILIS101 Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:48 pm
Lampdog wrote:

I DO like playing Animoog, Sunrizer and Magellan on Triton keys but it's not a must.

Animoog, Magellan and Galileo are my favorites right now.
I always throw some synth in the background of my beats. Always did. Animoog makes shit sound good when your buzzed, I trip out to it.
By Lampdog Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:31 pm
I have endless fun messing with Animoog, DAMN GOOD suggestion from Distorted btw.

I have Korg iPoly also but i hardly ever use it, don't know why, I just hardly do.
By Coz Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Hey Coz, I hope you get an iPad this Christmas. Which iPhone apps are you currently using?

I've got zero chance of getting an iPad for Christmas but cheers for the best wishes! :mrgreen:

I haven't been using many apps lately because of iOS 8 being a bit clunky, and other purchases taking priority.

My favourites are things like Bebot, iKaossilator, Filtatron, Animoog, Voice Synth etc. Single purpose apps that do what they do well. I'm willing the makers of Samplr to port it to the iPhone. I'd love some decent sample mangling tools.

The 'DO EVERYTHING' apps like Beatmaker 2 are amazing but I haven't got the patience to navigate them on the small iPhone screen. I can't knock Garage Band though... that looks clean on the iPhone 6 and doesn't try to do too much.

Other than that, everyone has the obligatory tuner on their smartphone these days. I use insTuner which works well.

It's still the best electronic hand-held invention EVER IMO. :smoker:
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:51 am
SILIS101 wrote:
Lampdog wrote:

I DO like playing Animoog, Sunrizer and Magellan on Triton keys but it's not a must.

Animoog, Magellan and Galileo are my favorites right now.
I always throw some synth in the background of my beats. Always did. Animoog makes shit sound good when your buzzed, I trip out to it.

Hell yeah. That's my go-to synth when I'm buzzed and wanna experiment. The whole sound and the interface really allow you too leave your own mind and just bug out in another world. It's good stress relief too. :nod:

Lampdog wrote:I have endless fun messing with Animoog, DAMN GOOD suggestion from Distorted btw.

I have Korg iPoly also but i hardly ever use it, don't know why, I just hardly do.

Animoog was the first synth to really make me want an iPad when it first came out in 2011. Then shortly after, they came out with Animoog For iPhone, and I was quick to buy an iPod Touch just for that. I'll have to buy it for the iPad soon, since it's still one of the top 5 synths in my collection. It'll finally feel more enjoyable on the iPad. I'll probably use it even more than the iPhone version. I still havent made my own timbres. So I'm looking forward to that as well.

Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Hey Coz, I hope you get an iPad this Christmas. Which iPhone apps are you currently using?

I've got zero chance of getting an iPad for Christmas but cheers for the best wishes! :mrgreen:

I haven't been using many apps lately because of iOS 8 being a bit clunky, and other purchases taking priority.

My favourites are things like Bebot, iKaossilator, Filtatron, Animoog, Voice Synth etc. Single purpose apps that do what they do well. I'm willing the makers of Samplr to port it to the iPhone. I'd love some decent sample mangling tools.

The 'DO EVERYTHING' apps like Beatmaker 2 are amazing but I haven't got the patience to navigate them on the small iPhone screen. I can't knock Garage Band though... that looks clean on the iPhone 6 and doesn't try to do too much.

Other than that, everyone has the obligatory tuner on their smartphone these days. I use insTuner which works well.

It's still the best electronic hand-held invention EVER IMO. :smoker:

iOs 8 has been shitty with a few apps. I wish I never upgraded.
Filtatron is really cool. There's been a few hidden features I didn't know about till recently, like the sampler and presets menus. They may have been added in an update a while back, or I overlooked them entirely the whole time. I had no idea I could import my own samples or make and save my own presets. So it became more valuable. I just wish they update it again to fix the AudioBus problem.

I can't use any of those "Do Everything" apps like Beatmaker either, which is why I didn't buy it for the iPhone. I made that mistake with NanoStudio. It's a cool app. But I don't have patience to use it on an iPhone.

I haven't tried InsTuner yet. But I have Gibson StudioShare. It's got chord charts in there too. Really cool for a free app.
By SILIS101 Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 am
I use Auria for ipad. I record my vocals on it. I'll upload my instrumental through Dropbox and get busy. Auria is well worth the hefty price. It is sooo stable. Those Developers are world-class.
By Coz Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:29 am
distortedtekno wrote:iOs 8 has been shitty with a few apps. I wish I never upgraded.

My apps have been ok but there's multiple little bugs that are annoying.

Spotlight has totally gone to shit and won't show results for those lesser used apps that are stashed away in folders. I also get told several times a day that my passwords are "incorrect" for my email accounts, which drives me up the wall. I've not found a fix for that one yet. :hmmm:

I love the phone but iOS 8 has been a rocky ride from day one. Hopefully they get it sorted soon...
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:42 am
SILIS101 wrote:I use Auria for ipad. I record my vocals on it. I'll upload my instrumental through Dropbox and get busy. Auria is well worth the hefty price. It is sooo stable. Those Developers are world-class.

I think I had that on my Wishlist. I gotta check it out soon. Thanks for the recommendation.
By Coz Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 am
distortedtekno wrote:The email problem is annoying as hell. Wish I downgraded quick enough. Apple really didn't allow enough time.... scumbags. :flu:

The most annoying thing for me was how they HYPED up the ability to upgrade over the air a few years ago, so everyone got used to that and didn't bother with iTunes anymore. Then iOS 8 dropped and nobody with a 16GB phone could load it onto their device without stripping most of their content off it first. So in my case, I cleared my phone of a shit load of photos and videos so I could upgrade... then it transpired that you could do it all through iTunes anyway without clearing anything off! What a ball ache...

All my stuff is now on my computer with no easy way of putting it back on my phone. Grrrr... :fku:
By peeping tom Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:21 am
how do you go about saving everything on the ipad? Wav's are not typically small.

Would a portable hard drive be a requirement if one was to use an iPad to record beats?
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 am
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:The email problem is annoying as hell. Wish I downgraded quick enough. Apple really didn't allow enough time.... scumbags. :flu:

The most annoying thing for me was how they HYPED up the ability to upgrade over the air a few years ago, so everyone got used to that and didn't bother with iTunes anymore. Then iOS 8 dropped and nobody with a 16GB phone could load it onto their device without stripping most of their content off it first. So in my case, I cleared my phone of a shit load of photos and videos so I could upgrade... then it transpired that you could do it all through iTunes anyway without clearing anything off! What a ball ache...

All my stuff is now on my computer with no easy way of putting it back on my phone. Grrrr... :fku:

I wish I knew that iTunes would prevent all that headache. I got stuck helping my mother with her phone recently when I could've upgraded through iTunes. I'll keep that I'm mind next time.