Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By musden Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:27 am
Hello guys!

I need some pro help, so I desided to post my "problems" here and on Elektron forum.

I have heard here and there that it is possible to trigger Octatrack sounds with pads of an external controller, let it be any MPC. Is it easy to do or is it painful to adjust everything you migt need? Is that rig stable?

And, please, could you help me with solving next problem, since I really want to have both Octatrack and MPC, so I need to be sure. Can I play polyphonically on keyboard using MPC engine as a sounsource? I know there is a chapter in manual, but it is not really clear. Unlike Octatrack, MPC has velocity, also sounds have AD envelope, so it seems to be natural if one can play this way. I am asking, because I need not only all capabilities of Octatrack, but I want to play sample-based melodies manually on my keyboard as well. I know that I may end up having sound so nice, so I want to play melody, rather than sequence it or use as just FX.

And why some people state that sample editing on MPC is boring? According to manual it can do a lot. Maybe it is not that convinient as on Octatrack? Octatrack has more knobs and so on, but MPC has so called DATA knob and buttons. Is it easy to you use MPC for editing? Octatrack seems to be OK for me, even though I agree you can't be sure unless you try and many Octatrack users agree on the point of complexity of Elektron machine. By the way, what MPC can do poly-playing and trigger Octatrack? Is MPC 100 OK for that? Or, perhaps, MPC 2500 would be more reasonable?

I realy like having deals with samples, I did it a lot, but on my computer. Now I want to put my hand on hardware, so all help will be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!