Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Horseclick Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:10 pm

got it sorted in my emax

scsi2sd in roy maya's bracket.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/XMF5EE ... li=ostatus

i glued the bracket on top of the gotek floppy drive.

i paid 10 euros to jeff at hxc for hxc license.

made my hxc boot disk if i ever need it.

link for plus os floppy image is in the comments on my video.

all info is in coments on youtube.
By auscience Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 am
*Pilchard* wrote:We already know from the MPC60 forum that one of the GOTEK floppy disk emulators works with the MPC60 and also the ASQ10.

I tried searching for the thread that metioned "ASQ10", but haven't found it so far. I assume that this was a misspelling and you meant ASR10?? :-D If so, that is good news. I am looking for cheaper alternative to the Lotharek floppy emulator. I have one Lotharek emulator on its way, but I don't think I'm willing to pay $135 USD again, especially if there's a cheaper option that I can choose moving forward. :)
By peeping tom Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 am
yeah from the research ive done on the s900, you just have to re-flash the gotek for it to read IMG files.
Ive managed to buy a gotek, and get a license from HXC, just need the programming cable.........so close :P

Anyone put one in an EPS or ASR-10?
By richie Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:03 am
@auscience no the Akai ASQ-10 is the stand alone sequencer that is in the MPC 60 - The Gotek drives will work in the ASQ-10 just fine.
By mr_debauch Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:15 pm
peeping tom wrote:yeah from the research ive done on the s900, you just have to re-flash the gotek for it to read IMG files.
Ive managed to buy a gotek, and get a license from HXC, just need the programming cable.........so close :P

did that lead to an image for OS4.0?
By Horseclick Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:11 pm
peeping tom wrote:yeah from the research ive done on the s900, you just have to re-flash the gotek for it to read IMG files.

word of warning i cant seem to format the images in my samplers..i can save to my images that i converted , so make sure you have some images you convert for your samplers, u can use the hxc tool with a pc with floppy to convert some of your own discs, thats how i got my plus os on the emax to work.
By peeping tom Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:28 am
mr_debauch wrote:

did that lead to an image for OS4.0?

will probably!

If anyone wants it i can probably set up the old PC and send the disk image?
By peeping tom Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 am
Horseclick wrote:

word of warning i cant seem to format the images in my samplers..i can save to my images that i converted , so make sure you have some images you convert for your samplers, u can use the hxc tool with a pc with floppy to convert some of your own discs, thats how i got my plus os on the emax to work.

thanks for the heads up!
By Renski Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 pm
I want to install a Gotek USB Floppy Emulator into my classic MPC2000. Is anyone aware of which particular Gotek version works better, requires less hassle, or provides better functionality? One post mentioned the "1000 Disk" Gotek model, but there seems to be a lot of other models ("generic," "updated," "for industrial machines," "for Yamaha," "for Korg," etc.) that are now available on the internet. So far, I've seen the following variations:

sfr1m44-u;
sfr1m44-u100;
sfr1m44-u100k
sfr1m44-u100k-r

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??? I'd imagine that the required firmware flash would render each emulator version/model equally effective, but I'd like to be certain given the specific limitations of the MPC2000 (disk size/partition requirements, 720 DD vs. 1.44 HD, etc.). What's worse, many of the sellers fail to indicate in any way the version/model for their listing!

Lastly, many of the "floppy emulator" posts on this forum are a year old or more. Can anyone provide current (2016) advice based on their DIRECT knowledge/experience with the newer Gotek models? Does anyone sell these floppy emulators pre-flashed and ready to install for the MPC2000? I'm fairly savvy when it comes to modding, but I'd love it if I could avoid the numerous individual purchases (FTDI, jumper wires, etc.), the accompanying shipping/handling costs, and the scattered and unpredictable delivery dates of each item! Does anyone provide a pre-assembled kit containing the required hardware (and possibly software) parts? :shock:

FYI: I'm located in the U.S.A., so domestic sources are definitely a premium with regard to time and money. Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by Renski on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By Horseclick Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 pm
Renski wrote:I want to install a Gotek Floppy Emulator into my classic MPC2000, but does any particular version of the Gotek work better or require less hassle? I'd imagine that the required firmware flash renders each emulator model equally effective, but I'd like to be certain if possible. One post mentioned the "1000 Disk" Gotek model, but there seems to be a lot of other models ("generic," "updated," "for industrial machines," etc.) for sale on the internet.

Anyone sell these floppy emulators pre-flashed and ready to install? I'm fairly savvy when it comes to modding, but I'd love to avoid the numerous individual purchases (FTDI, jumper wires, etc.) that will be required. Does anyone provide a pre-assembled kit containing the required hardware (and possibly software) parts? :(

try go for a 3 digit gotek,

if any forum member wants i can acquire some and preflash them to hxc like i have done with my own units.

im located in the uk,

this is the one i bought
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301409581107
, then you factor in the 10 euro charge for the hxc license (8 pound), + my time and postage fees , i can help others out if need be.
By JUNGLIZM Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm
Renski wrote:I want to install a Gotek USB Floppy Emulator into my classic MPC2000. Is anyone aware of which particular Gotek version works better, requires less hassle, or provides better functionality? One post mentioned the "1000 Disk" Gotek model, but there seems to be a lot of other models ("generic," "updated," "for industrial machines," "for Yamaha," "for Korg," etc.) that are now available on the internet. So far, I've seen the following variations:

sfr1m44-u;
sfr1m44-u100;
sfr1m44-u100k
sfr1m44-u100k-r

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??? I'd imagine that the required firmware flash would render each emulator version/model equally effective, but I'd like to be certain given the specific limitations of the MPC2000 (disk size/partition requirements, 720 DD vs. 1.44 HD, etc.). What's worse, many of the sellers fail to indicate in any way the version/model for their listing!

Lastly, many of the "floppy emulator" posts on this forum are a year old or more. Can anyone provide current (2016) advice based on their DIRECT knowledge/experience with the newer Gotek models? Does anyone sell these floppy emulators pre-flashed and ready to install for the MPC2000? I'm fairly savvy when it comes to modding, but I'd love it if I could avoid the numerous individual purchases (FTDI, jumper wires, etc.), the accompanying shipping/handling costs, and the scattered and unpredictable delivery dates of each item! Does anyone provide a pre-assembled kit containing the required hardware (and possibly software) parts? :shock:

FYI: I'm located in the U.S.A., so domestic sources are definitely a premium with regard to time and money. Thanks in Advance!

I have same question, I did see someone selling pre-fllashed on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/331791167300

but I would like to buy one and flash it myself... I find the same models that you listed but not sure which one to get... i wanted to get a black one that works with s950. Can anyone confirm if any of these listed have been installed and worked?
By JUNGLIZM Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:25 pm
vout wrote:Hi,

Sorry, it's been a while, but here is an update - I tried the Gotek with HxC firmware in my SP1200 first. Unfortunately it only partially works - it loads preformatted disk images no problem (and it's faster than floppy, around 30s for a full disk) but I was not able to save anything at all - any attempt to save or reformat a disk image gave an error on the SP and also corrupted the image. I tried every setting I could but no go unfortunately. The HxC developer is looking at the problem I think, so a solution might be on the way.

Then I tried it in my S950 and success - it works perfectly, saving & loading full disks, samples and programs with no errors. No modifications were needed for the Gotek, just plug and play.

I would say this is an essential upgrade for any S950 user and it is cheap, less than £25 total for the drive, HxC licence and USB serial programmer.

Cheers, vout

Hi Vout,
I wanted to ask if any modification had to be done to the s950 ( like the resister MOD ) I know you mentioned that no mod had to be done to the Gotek but just wanted to check if anything was done to the actual s950.
Vince
By vout Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:00 pm
Hi Vince,

No modification at all needed to the Gotek or the S950 - it was the easiest install I've done for a drive replacement in fact.

cheers, vout