Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Adair Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:12 pm
would like to exchange ideas, questions and solutions about the Modulo yamaha QY100 through this forum
By distortedtekno Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 pm
I'm sure a few members have uased them. But I'm moving your topic to the correct sub-forum where you'll find more users.
By motosega Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:11 pm
some time back in the 90s I had a qy22
it sucked quite badly, but from what I can tell the later qy80 and qy100 were decent sequencers.

you can edit the onboard rompler sounds, you have a piano roll type editor and you can build songs with loops. maybe the qy100 even has an external input that you can route to the effects.

I can't imagine that the onboard sounds are fantastic, but the sequencer is probably good. use it to sequence an akai S series sampler and you'LL be happy.
By Ian Canefire Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:20 pm
You want the QY700. It is far superior to the others. Though you get battery power and small form factor with the QY100.
The QY700 is akin to an MPC and maybe better in a few ways depending on the MPC.
I own the 4000 and they are almost neck and neck with the 4000 winning out because of the many midi inputs and outputs.
The QY has arpeggiation and stock sounds for a blueprint.
The QY700 has great timing and is built sturdy. You can drop it and it will survive.
I would be very worried if I dropped my 4000.

Sonic State has a lot of info about the Yamaha QYs
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth_reviews/yamaha_qy700/

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth_reviews/yamaha_qy100/
cheers,
Ian
By Headphones Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 am
I missed out on a QY100 with its original box & manual for $200 at my local pawn shop :( . But even if I had got it, I'd probably only use it to sequence my Korg Volcas.

One advantage it has, is you can plug in a electric guitar, bass, or mono synth, and jam with it. As far as I know, the QY700 doesn't have that feature! So I might still be on the lookout for this someday.