Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JamesJeffery Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 am
Why do they have to put colored lights on everything. I'm making music, not performing a light show lol.

Looks cool though, will appeal to a lot of DJ's and live performers. Can't see it replacing an MPC though. You just can't beat an MPC.
By Thomaz Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:25 pm
The more I read about this device the more interested I am.
Compared to all the crappy toys which have been released since the end of the last true standalone MPCs then this thing looks like the first really interesting machine for those who want to get away from the computer ( like me :wink: ).
The mysterious new Roland sampler seems to be lost in the infinite worlds of marketing but this baby looks promising!
By medearis Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:48 pm
Hope that you can input unquantized data. I'm sure it's not going to be a problem but seeing the step sequencer at the bottom reminds me of my time on Elektron gear. I loved it all but I wasn't a big fan of getting into the micro timing on the Octatrack to swing things around (this was when it was brand new).

I'll be watching this thing. All those lights remind me of everything else now a-days. Guess it's mandatory to be blinky & multicolored. :wink:
By Chillin Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 am
Link for specs

Sample and Sync: the TORAIZ SP-16 sampler with Dave Smith analogue filters and Pro DJ Link for perfectly timed one-shots and loops

8GB of flash memory and real-time processing for non-stop music production
The TORAIZ SP-16 delivers 16-voice polyphony so you can play all 16 samples at once – even when you’re using time stretch or editing the sound using the touch screen amp envelope. The 8GB of flash memory means you’ve got plenty of space – and you can use it as a stand-alone unit, with no need for a laptop.

http://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/news/201 ... sequencer/
By jsf Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 pm
Bottom line, it looks sheit.
Feels like an incestive native instruments, maudio and akai offspring, who, then, ll never be to blame for the shyat commin outa of it.
Needs thaat lo res vintage push button feel. We beats, we blind. fack them touch screens and xox sequencers, pioneer you lame here.
By Ill-Green Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 am
Well it has resampling so the sequencer is useless to me even if it was greater than the MPC. Still haven't saw the chopping and editing features so I'm kinda on the fence. In a way it reminds me of the new Electribe sampler that also has a 16 step sequencer and thats $1100 cheaper than this. I don't like the Electribe either.

But if this has what I need, I'll buy it, I love buying new samplers especially ones that I know I'll keep :D
By Dabblerobb Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:21 pm
medearis wrote:Hope that you can input unquantized data. I'm sure it's not going to be a problem but seeing the step sequencer at the bottom reminds me of my time on Elektron gear. I loved it all but I wasn't a big fan of getting into the micro timing on the Octatrack to swing things around (this was when it was brand new).

I'll be watching this thing. All those lights remind me of everything else now a-days. Guess it's mandatory to be blinky & multicolored. :wink:

On the Octatrack all you do is hold the step and nudge left or rt. It's so quick and easy
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:10 am
Checking it out and its a big boy. Takes up 10 3/8 inches depth and 17 inches wide.

The 16 step sequencer is the sequencer for this device but it has a 16 track recorder, nice lay out too with graphic meters for every track, so I'm looking forward to it even more but will wait until Christmas to buy one. Let the diehards kink out the bugs until then :smoker:
By Coz Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:16 am
Have you seen it in the flesh Ill? :popcorn:

I've had a bunch of Pioneer gear in the past and it's never let me down. I'm interested in how this turns out myself.
By inflict3 Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:06 am
yea, something needs to drop **** soon, and they should add a **** sack holder on whatever it is.. and if you thinking, hell naw and some homo shyt then check ya self, i need something to hold my sack, not my nut sack, my weed sack!!! hahah.. :WTF: :lol:
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 pm
Coz wrote:Have you seen it in the flesh Ill? :popcorn:

I've had a bunch of Pioneer gear in the past and it's never let me down. I'm interested in how this turns out myself.

:lol: Reading my post now, it does look like I saw in person. But no, I contacted Pioneer and and gave me a small brief, perhaps a brochure on it. I was happy when it read 16 track recorder. No info on whether its 16 bit or 24 bit or sample frequencies yet, but maybe by NAMM they'll have info and DJs making beats on it. They making videos now as we speak.

I definitely want :)