Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mr_debauch Mon May 02, 2016 4:41 am
that actually looks pretty decent and streamlined.... i hope there will be banks so you can have more than 16 samples loaded at a time..

and it looks like it will have a real time sequencer too and not just a step sequencer with the drum pads for one shot triggering if we can go by the quantize display at the top.
By Thomaz Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm
Tutorial videos out, this thing looks awesome.

- Project Structure Overview
- Browsing and Assigning Samples
- Pad Modes
- Sequencer
- Analogue Filter Section
- Advanced Trigger Types
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 am
some cool things here... but some baffling limitations at the same time... i really like some workflow things they did (making the xox style programming sort of easy compared to some other gear for example) but the samples per scene being only 16 is really odd... is the name sp-16 advertising that limitation?
By AikiGhost Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 am
It does seem from the spec that they really want you to work mostly with pre rendered loops and the occasional one shot or pitched synth hit/chop.

The lack of lfos and filter envelopes per pad is disappointing also there seem to be hardly any FX so far which is a little odd for the company that gave us the RMX500 and 1000.
By v00d00ppl Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:48 pm
AikiGhost wrote:It does seem from the spec that they really want you to work mostly with pre rendered loops and the occasional one shot or pitched synth hit/chop.

The lack of lfos and filter envelopes per pad is disappointing also there seem to be hardly any FX so far which is a little odd for the company that gave us the RMX500 and 1000.

What's up elektronauts fam?

The lack of LFOs and Filter envelopes are a deal breaker. That is huge for sound design. I'll stick to (insert sampler) + rodec restyler chain.

Who knows i may just buy one out of GAS.
By JVC Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:29 pm
I've just finished reading the manual, but I could not find anything unique about this product.
I thought SP-16 was going to be somewhere between CDJ and drum machine, but rather, this is really like MPC (since this is a step sequencer, maybe more like Elektron.)
Maybe I'm missing something (I'm hoping that that's the case.)
I think the current manual is incomplete, because there is no mention of MIDI implementation, for instance. If I have money to buy SP-16, I’d buy Elektron Rytm instead… (I know you would say it is only 8-polyphony, that’s not deal breaker for me.)
I hope that there is something else that Pioneer haven’t mentioned yet.
By Lampdog Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 pm
If it had options as detailed as an mpc it could be HUGE. Seems it doesn't.
Again, I can't and won't get into phrase samplers. Never. They aint real to me.
By Thomaz Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:26 pm
Tried one in the shop today. It may have limitations ( especially MIDI wise ) but the feel, the UI and the workflow is AWESOME.
As an experienced MPC user you control this thing in no time and the workflow is ultra fast.
Touchscreen implemenation is amazing ( sorry Akai, but the Touch is a joke compared to this ), overall tactility is very very good. Fast and precise.
I think Pioneer is not going to make this thing a MIDI monster like the legacy MPCs but from the overall feel and ease of use this thing is - for me - a winner.
By Icepulse Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:50 am
Thomaz wrote:Tried one in the shop today. It may have limitations ( especially MIDI wise ) but the feel, the UI and the workflow is AWESOME.
As an experienced MPC user you control this thing in no time and the workflow is ultra fast.
Touchscreen implemenation is amazing ( sorry Akai, but the Touch is a joke compared to this ), overall tactility is very very good. Fast and precise.
I think Pioneer is not going to make this thing a MIDI monster like the legacy MPCs but from the overall feel and ease of use this thing is - for me - a winner.

I hear it's locked to 16ths. Did you get a feel for swing and quantization?
By Lampdog Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:34 pm
I was really hoping it would be like an MPC Touch but standalone with much better capabilities that talked about here. It seems more focused on phrases and loops which is not what I want.