Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By richie Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:04 am
Warning, AOL capslock steez:

WHAT ABOUT THE F*CKING TIMING ON IT? IN 2016, HOW DO WE NOT HAVE A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT CAN PERFORM MIDI TIMING OR SAMPLE RESPONSE AS TIGHT AS THE MPC 60/3000 OR THE 4000????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES THE CRIP WALK*
By v00d00ppl Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:30 pm
richie wrote:Warning, AOL capslock steez:

WHAT ABOUT THE F*CKING TIMING ON IT? IN 2016, HOW DO WE NOT HAVE A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT CAN PERFORM MIDI TIMING OR SAMPLE RESPONSE AS TIGHT AS THE MPC 60/3000 OR THE 4000????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES THE CRIP WALK*

Ahem Machinedrum. Ahem octatrack, but that's none of my business (sips earl grey)
By JVC Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:25 pm
It reminds me of prototype drawing of Linndrum II. I want to read the manual (which is not available yet.)
I like 16 step sequencer, but it would be nice if also include MPC style sequencer as well. (But, then I may be wrong to consider it as MPC type of product.) I really like the fact that it is stand alone units. The way it looks, I think it can double as a CDJ player (well, without CD player, but with USB sticks.)
It is cool to see it on a DJ booth. (as an audience, I kind of hate to see laptops on DJ booth.)
By Lampdog Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:08 pm
richie wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES THE CRIP WALK*

JVC wrote:I want to read the manual (which is not available yet.)

JVC wrote: I really like the fact that it is stand alone units.

JVC wrote:I kind of hate to see laptops on DJ booth.

ALL of this, I agree on!!
By Coz Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:19 am
mr_debauch wrote:Having a noise box next to a CDJ isn't my thing but if this thing was a production sampler too I think it would be great.

It seems like they're trying to occupy a weird middle ground that no one else is exploiting. Do DJs want a somewhat complex machine in-between their simple decks and mixer, and likewise, do studio bods want a relatively simple phrase type sampler in their setup?

If it had the Prophet 6 filter for every part I'd be all over it. I've always wanted a sampler with proper analogue filters in it. :popcorn:
By richie Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 am
v00d00ppl wrote:Ahem Machinedrum. Ahem octatrack, but that's none of my business (sips earl grey)

What up thun, So you're saying that the Machinedrum, Octatrack keep time as well as the aforementioned?
By inflict3 Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:58 am
yo, yo, I'm hella excited to see how this turns out!! the thing looks kinda ugly but if its dope, then who cares..I was hella excited when the kangz first spoke on the beat wang, but that was a flop, so I'm pretty excited to see what comes of this and what other companies drop after this
By jsf Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 am
Coz wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:Having a noise box next to a CDJ isn't my thing but if this thing was a production sampler too I think it would be great.

It seems like they're trying to occupy a weird middle ground that no one else is exploiting. Do DJs want a somewhat complex machine in-between their simple decks and mixer, and likewise, do studio bods want a relatively simple phrase type sampler in their setup?

If it had the Prophet 6 filter for every part I'd be all over it. I've always wanted a sampler with proper analogue filters in it. :popcorn:

Good points. I like to believe this could push up the standards of what's a dj these days. There's mixing, scratching, tuntablism, this could be a new variable for a new formula of dj'ing.
Though, there's midi i/o, multiple audio outs, why would a dj need this? I reckon this could turn into a proper working horse in a producers studio. I guess we'll have to wait for more info or the manual.
I doubt ill ever be spending 1500 for what is. Also dont like the step sequencer nor the screen.
By seriousgroove Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:25 pm
Makes me wonder whether they have a SP-1600 up their sleeve little further down the road...Also, I keep on hoping that Dave Rossum may be in for a bold move in terms of a stand-alone sampler.

The only thing I would have loved to have on the Toraiz are hardware volume sliders per channel such as the sp1200 has. Sliders and knobs provide a different kind of interaction compared to touch screens.

Dave Smith standalone sampler with ssm filters...thats a no brainer. The price is fine for what it is.
By JVC Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:51 pm
jsf wrote:...
I like to believe this could push up the standards of what's a dj these days. There's mixing, scratching, tuntablism, this could be a new variable for a new formula of dj'ing.
Though, there's midi i/o, multiple audio outs, why would a dj need this? I reckon this could turn into a proper working horse in a producers studio. I guess we'll have to wait for more info or the manual.
I doubt ill ever be spending 1500 for what is. Also dont like the step sequencer nor the screen.

We don't know if it has only step sequencer, it might have MPC or Maschine style sequencer as well.
For example, Roland MV-8000 / MV-8800 had step sequence functions too.

Some DJs use MIDIs, for instance, you can hook up MPC type pads via MIDI, or I can see that some people want to use MIDI Sync with CDJ player (with MIDI) or Ableton. Let's hope that it features a good sequencer.
It is also VERY cool that it has 8 audio outs.
By the way, if it had Roger Linn signature on it, the internet buzz would've been huge. But, I really like the direction Pioneer is heading with this product.
By inflict3 Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 pm
its a bit wack that the filters are on the whole mix and not each pad… there must be OS type filters on each pad right?? oh yea, its not even finished yet… LOL
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 pm
this does look good... but there doesn't seem to be enough info yet for them to tell us... they couldn't get into sequencer etc.. but they did say it had that on the fly sample and loop which i assumes it would have since that has been a thing on dj samplers since at least the remix 16 (1995) ....

I just hope it wont be like the sp-303 where you can't pitch up and down, you can only pitch shift up and down.