Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm
Last edited by JUKE 179r on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm
mr_debauch wrote:the sensor board from roland (for the 8000... maybe it is the same part on the 8800) is really cheap... i think like 20 bucks or something... i replaced mine i think 2 or 3 years ago.. im still at pretty much new on that.

The pad sensor boards are the same for both the MV-8000 & MV-8800. Here is an old pic of mine when I took my MV-8000 apart to clean...
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:54 pm
Glad to hear this! There was a lot of knowledge shared on MV Nation.
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm
Too bad facebook banned me. Can't believe Acosta saw the new MV but also said it was a few step backwards from where the 8800 was going so thats why Roland been holding off. I guess Roland try to make a slimmed down MV that acts like an MPC1000 on jjos. Whatever he saw, it had hipster vibe written all over no doubt.
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm
**** wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Mike Acosta still posting tips there and posting links to some live streams he does workin his MV.

That´s odd, on the BeatPPL podcast he said he doesn´t own a MV anymore.

So it seems that has changed...

:smoker:

Yeah but he still talks about the MV in interviews. Roland doesn't endorse him anymore but he still VIP with them.
By Wormhelmet Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:47 pm
He definitely has some new pics up of his now shaved head self with an mv8800 with light blue fat pads. Maybe that interview sparked interest again after hearing everyone rave about it. He knows that machine well. Can't see why he would completely abandon it for all software, and there is no hardware equivalent.
By mr_debauch Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:31 am
i thought he showed the MV in the beatPPL podcast?

anyways, roland doesn't like giving customers what they want.... why do you think when they finally put out a new 909, it's a **** VST pluggin in a box?