Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Stakk Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:47 pm
Hi All-

I have an Akai s3200XL with a SCSI issue and I'm wondering what other options have been figured out for saving... I see floppy emulators that save to USB stick... Anyone tested that or any other methods?

Appreciate any help!
Shaun
By richie Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:51 pm
@major tom You'll get more for the CF reader separate than you would for the S3200XL.

@stakk peep the other threads about sd2scsi - It's the best option you could take because it can emualte 7 scsi ids. Since the S3200XL cannot format a partition higher than 500 mb (regardless of the size of hard drive or disk you have) this means you could do 500x7 without a problem.
By tapedeck Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:55 pm
i love the hxc floppy emulator, but it does just that, emulates floppies. if you aren't used to working with floppies, i would try a flash card option.
By Stakk Mon May 02, 2016 11:55 am
@fanu

I'm not actually sure what the SCSI problem is, with the AKAI SCSI card plugged into the mobo I can't get SCSI to work or the OS 2 to boot. If I take it out OS 2 boot with no problem... I see no visable issue on the card - Myabe I'll post a pick of the card and see if anyone can spot anything but hard to find a replacement card for the 3200XL. I already brought a 3000 SCSI card as I was told it's the same but it's completely different

Loving the SCSI2SD, I think that's perfect and the price is great too
By richie Tue May 03, 2016 10:02 pm
@Stakk I already told you what your limit will be man. 500mb per partition on the S3200, x 7 SCSI ids. It won't matter if you choose a 16 or 64gb micro sd.