Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By zerstorte zelle Mon May 16, 2016 12:16 pm
Purchased an EPS Classic off of craigslist with a dead floppy drive and replaced it with an HXC SD floppy emulator. The keyboard booted and played back some sound but when sampling into the unit the unit produced little to no sound / low level fuzzing etc. couldn't monitor audio input despite it being a hot line level.
Well, popped it back open again and checked fuse. Fuse burned out and was replaced. Voltages read as the should now across the power supply. The original problem still remains however, the input into the unit shows no level and when something is sampled the resulting wavesample is extremely quiet and distorted. After recording is finished I can then ( and only then ) clearly hear the input signal... what gives? All cables reseated again.

-ZZ
By tapedeck Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 pm
zerstorte zelle wrote:...the input into the unit shows no level and when something is sampled the resulting wavesample is extremely quiet and distorted. After recording is finished I can then ( and only then ) clearly hear the input signal...

can you clarify this? how do you hear the input when the recording is finished, what does that mean anyway? i'm just not following you, but if it works 'sometimes', as you make it sound like, then it must be user error.
By zerstorte zelle Wed May 18, 2016 1:26 pm
Here is a short video of the malfunction. to be completely honest I am hoping its operator error. Wrote a local keyboard tech here in NYC and they said they can't help me... Maybe you all can. That input signal from the moogerfooger has to be padded down just to be sent to the interface so trust me it's hot. The EPS will also play back a sound bank loaded from the drive fine. Just won't sample in.

By major_tom Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm
good luck. research is good. yahoo groups memberships need to be approved. theres a group for just about anything you have electronic musical instrument wise. great source of information. now when youre done researching let us know how much time you spent and if it was worth it. then come here and just give it all away for free maybe? cuz you know we need more boom bap in this world. we need more stolen music cut up and rearranged by no researchin mofos. oh and dont forget to put your name on it. this kind of thing is so novel after all!