Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NinjaGodzilla Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:01 pm
I have an mpc2000xl and i am thinking of getting a sp303 or 404 to go with it as an effects unit/sample editor. I do not want to make beats with the SP or use Midi, I simply want to know is there a way I can sample back n forth, back n forth between the two, with the final result ending up in the mpc for sequencing.

I have a pretty simple set up right now, looking to expand later, but it's just turntable, dj mixer, mpc, monitors lol.With this set up or even if i have to add another device such as a mixer, i don't care , i just want to know will the sp allow me to be able to do what i described above. I want to be able to to sample back and forth, add effects in the sp, or use the sp filters instead of the mpc and then sample it back into the mpc for sequencing, or more mpc specific editing for the final beat.

Is there a way to do this cleanly with my current set up or any set up, without having to unhook and rearrange cables everytime I want to go between the two. In a perfect world is this possible? What would I need? Again I don't want to use Midi, i'm simply using the sp as a further tool for sample editing, sound purposes and effects but want to do everything in the mpc.

I know i can probably go turntable-dj mixer-sp-record in on mpc, but then if i decide the sample needs something further I would like to be able to bounce it right back to the sp without sampling the whole thing over from the turntable and adding something. i just want a clean way to bounce back and forth between the two to my hearts content without causing a feedback loop or something with cables.

Advice and specific are much appreciated and thank you in advance
By Ill-Green Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:45 pm
Well since you gonna use the SP404 as an effects unit, just hook up the 404 to a source for sampling like a turntable or CD player with the Outs going into the 404's Input, and connect the 404's Output to the Input of the MPC. With this you got two options. 1 is that while a record is playing, you can lace effects over the sound as it goes through the SP (don't forget to press EXT SOURCE) and sample directly from the MPC, no need to lower quality of samples by bouncing from machine to machine. Or, 2 sample from the 404, add effects and then sample into the MPC.

Hope that helps, I won't help anymore because this forum is full of these questions. Search it out freak.