Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By philphil Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 am
really feeling the beat man. Reminds me of Group Home for its grittiness.
Vocals are pretty alright especially for a 1st shot.

Damn it's 10am here, I'm at work and I just want to go home and MAKE BEAAATS
By Icepulse Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:47 am
philphil wrote:really feeling the beat man. Reminds me of Group Home for its grittiness.
Vocals are pretty alright especially for a 1st shot.

Damn it's 10am here, I'm at work and I just want to go home and MAKE BEAAATS

That's the story of my life. @ the desk, wishing I was in the studio.

Thanks for the feedback. I take that Group Home nod as a compliment, especially because Preem has such a strong hand in their sound.

I'm an oldhead, but those old dis lyrics are front and center for me!! Like Large Pro, I just say "I'll do it myself!"

:idea:
By RobS Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:43 am
Wait, am I missing something or does this thing really cost $1000? I got my mpc for quarter of that price...
By Icepulse Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 pm
RobS wrote:Wait, am I missing something or does this thing really cost $1000? I got my mpc for quarter of that price...

Which MPC is that?
By RobS Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:59 pm
Which MPC is that?

500. you can also cope mpc1000 for $500.
not hating on op1 but it definitely seems a bit overpriced for it's features IMHO..
By Icepulse Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:21 pm
RobS wrote:
Which MPC is that?

not hating on op1 but it definitely seems a bit overpriced for it's features IMHO..

I have a 500. There's no comparison. The OP-1 has modeled drum engines, synthesizers, rocks 16-18 hrs on a charge, has a display that gives you beautiful feedback, including waveforms, etc.. And the workflow is WAY nicer than the drilling down you have to do on the 500. If you want a 1000 to be nice (JJOS, fat pads, memory upgrade, etc.) you'll be in for at least $700-$750. And that's USED. AND you're tied to a power outlet w/ the MPC 1000.

Anyway, I love the MPC, but try doing this w/ the MPC 1000.

By Icepulse Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:35 pm
@robs You know what might be fun? A little Rhythm Roulette.

A third party will name (3) albums (full albums!) randomly. We will create a beat using samples from those albums only (drum kits notwithstanding). You use only the MPC 500, and I'll use the OP-1 only.

It'd be an interesting excercise. Nothing too complex. U down?
By coolderb Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 pm
Icepulse wrote:I mean, peep the functions...

]

And peep the workflow and beautifully designed interfaces. Those add up to make it a joy to use and worth the price of admission.

By TYPO Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:29 pm
Icepulse wrote:One more!!

I love everything about this track.Could the bass line be turned up just a little bit?
By Fanu Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm
Icepulse wrote:
RobS wrote:
Which MPC is that?

I have a 500. There's no comparison. The OP-1 has modeled drum engines, synthesizers, rocks 16-18 hrs on a charge, has a display that gives you beautiful feedback, including waveforms, etc.. And the workflow is WAY nicer than the drilling down you have to do on the 500. If you want a 1000 to be nice (JJOS, fat pads, memory upgrade, etc.) you'll be in for at least $700-$750. And that's USED. AND you're tied to a power outlet w/ the MPC 1000.

Anyway, I love the MPC, but try doing this w/ the MPC 1000.

That's dope! I'm getting interested in this machine for real.