Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Icepulse Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:53 pm
terry towelling wrote:In Tokyo at the moment, just bought an op1. rocking non stopping!

How's it going, Terry?
By Icepulse Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 am
Rocked this one from the same source sample as A Tribe Called Quest used on "Sucka *****" from Midnight Marauders; Jack Wilkins' "Red Clay".

I chopped the drums and bass a bit more than Tribe.

Produced In the car.

By Ill-Green Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm
Icepulse wrote:Rocked this one from the same source sample as A Tribe Called Quest used on "Sucka *****" from Midnight Marauders; Jack Wilkins' "Red Clay".

Produced In the car.

Nice one! Whats going on at the bottom of the OP-1 screen, it looks like its looping certain bars or something? I don't own one but the workflow looks like my old cassette workflow in digital form, whats going on there :popcorn:
By Icepulse Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Rocked this one from the same source sample as A Tribe Called Quest used on "Sucka *****" from Midnight Marauders; Jack Wilkins' "Red Clay".

Produced In the car.

Nice one! Whats going on at the bottom of the OP-1 screen, it looks like its looping certain bars or something? I don't own one but the workflow looks like my old cassette workflow in digital form, whats going on there :popcorn:

Exactly right. When you hold shift and tap < or >, you can jump back and forth w/ the loop points. In this way, you can have serveral projects happening at once, across the 6 min. Of "tape".
By Cockdiesel Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 am
How does the USB pair up with the mpc live? I remember you saying something way back but couldn't find it.

This is a really cool piece. get lost in the woods with this thing sampling anything you could find on the radio, from a phone and on top of using it as a field recorder.

Like the uni-bomber but cooking up beats instead... lol
By Icepulse Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:18 am
Cockdiesel wrote:How does the USB pair up with the mpc live? I remember you saying something way back but couldn't find it.

This is a really cool piece. get lost in the woods with this thing sampling anything you could find on the radio, from a phone and on top of using it as a field recorder.

Like the uni-bomber but cooking up beats instead... lol

Ive used the MPC to back up the OP, but otherwise (MIDI-wise), I'm not sure.
By terry towelling Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 pm
Icepulse wrote:
terry towelling wrote:In Tokyo at the moment, just bought an op1. rocking non stopping!

How's it going, Terry?

i'm having a great time with the op1. despite it's apparent simplicity, it's a subtle and deep machine.