Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Icepulse Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:20 pm
I scoured the forums for a topic on the Teenage Engineering OP-1, and found nothing beyond a reference or two. Lots of people seem to think it's a toy, but I get more accomplished with this devil than with my MPC and MacBook. Maybe the sample times seem laughable to some, but some of the greatest hip hop has been created with similar specs. Crazy power, crazy flexibility, crazy portability and battery life.

Here's a few things I've created exclusively w/ the OP-1. Hope you like.

By Icepulse Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:31 pm
Lampdog wrote:"For Real" goes HARD!

Thanks! And that's the latest one. The more u fux w/ the OP-1, the more evident its powers become!! :mrgreen:
By JVC Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 pm
Icepulse wrote:I scoured the forums for a topic on the Teenage Engineering OP-1, and found nothing beyond a reference or two. Lots of people seem to think it's a toy, but I get more accomplished with this devil than with my MPC and MacBook. Maybe the sample times seem laughable to some, but some of the greatest hip hop has been created with similar specs. Crazy power, crazy flexibility, crazy portability and battery life.

It is not that OP-1 is not loved here (I have seen a lot of nice demos on Internet), just that many of us haven't had even chance to use it, or even see it in person.
By Thomaz Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:45 pm
Icepulse wrote:I scoured the forums for a topic on the Teenage Engineering OP-1, and found nothing beyond a reference or two. Lots of people seem to think it's a toy, but I get more accomplished with this devil than with my MPC and MacBook. Maybe the sample times seem laughable to some, but some of the greatest hip hop has been created with similar specs. Crazy power, crazy flexibility, crazy portability and battery life.

Best OP1 tracks I've heard so far, keep it up!!

Most videos of the OP show the usual bleep blop stuff but this is some serious shit.

What about importing samples, isn't it a pain?
By Icepulse Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 pm
Thomaz wrote:

Best OP1 tracks I've heard so far, keep it up!!

Most videos of the OP show the usual bleep blop stuff but this is some serious ****.

What about importing samples, isn't it a pain?

If you record line-in, it's as easy as it gets. If you want to load via PC / Mac, there's a kit creator app that has a visual representation of the device. You just drag samples to the keys, or drag a complete folder, and it'll map each sample to a key (up to 12 sec). Pretty painless.

Thanks for the ups. :wink:
By TYPO Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:38 pm
Ascend and Descend as a variation to your bass line would improve this great track immensely.
By Icepulse Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:41 pm
TYPO wrote:Ascend and Descend as a variation to your bass line would improve this great track immensely.

Thanks. It's really just a barebones arrangement, right now. There's forthcoming chrome and tassels, and lyrics due.
By TYPO Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:57 pm
Icepulse wrote:
TYPO wrote:Ascend and Descend as a variation to your bass line would improve this great track immensely.

Thanks. It's really just a barebones arrangement, right now. There's forthcoming chrome and tassels, and lyrics due.
It is a great beat can't wait to hear it complete.
By abc Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 pm
Icepulse wrote:Lots of people seem to think it's a toy

I mean, it's compatible with Legos. So...
By abc Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:35 pm
Not a joke by the way. They designed it to be compatible with Legos.

By philphil Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:42 pm
I've had mine for a while and really got into it for the last 6 months. Feel sorry for my long time MPC, haven't used it at all :-( I use my OP for sampling and beatmaking, all in one and so much fun to play on that interface.
This track is 100% OP-1, from sampling, sequencing, FX even performance.

By Icepulse Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:36 pm
philphil wrote:I've had mine for a while and really got into it for the last 6 months. Feel sorry for my long time MPC, haven't used it at all :-( I use my OP for sampling and beatmaking, all in one and so much fun to play on that interface.
This track is 100% OP-1, from sampling, sequencing, FX even performance.

The way you use the tape stop as a rhythmic element is doughp. Well done.

I just posted this one.. All OP except the vocal. It's my first vocal effort, and a rough sketch, so be nice! :nod:

https://soundcloud.com/unflattered/lip- ... t-the-yonx