Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By coolderb Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:40 pm
Now is a good time to buy. Guitar Center has a 20% Off promo. until Dec.25. Instead of paying $849 for a new OP-1 you can get it for $679. Promo code is: t174a938cmsfd
By Fanu Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 am
coolderb wrote:Now is a good time to buy. Guitar Center has a 20% Off promo. until Dec.25. Instead of paying $849 for a new OP-1 you can get it for $679. Promo code is: t174a938cmsfd

Seems that has been used, but i managed to find in my area a guy who's willing to swap his OP-1 for my Machinedrum (I have two)
:)
By terry towelling Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:52 pm
i've started selling some gear, and planning on using the proceeds to buy an OP-1.
it's a pricey machine (even pricier in australia) , but i think it's worth a shot. it looks like the OP-1 might be somethng that i use a lot.
i've only once paid full price for a piece of equipment -- mpc100.
it's hard selling stuff. i feel such regret after a sale.
By Icepulse Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm
Fanu wrote:
coolderb wrote:Now is a good time to buy. Guitar Center has a 20% Off promo. until Dec.25. Instead of paying $849 for a new OP-1 you can get it for $679. Promo code is: t174a938cmsfd

Seems that has been used, but i managed to find in my area a guy who's willing to swap his OP-1 for my Machinedrum (I have two)
:)

Did this ever happen?
By Icepulse Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:28 pm
terry towelling wrote:i've started selling some gear, and planning on using the proceeds to buy an OP-1.
it's a pricey machine (even pricier in australia) , but i think it's worth a shot. it looks like the OP-1 might be somethng that i use a lot.
i've only once paid full price for a piece of equipment -- mpc100.
it's hard selling stuff. i feel such regret after a sale.

Did you get one?
By terry towelling Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 am
Haven't bought the op1 yet -- there are none to buy. waiting for the company to make some more. Stores are saying soon. But they have been saying that for a while

I've sold some gear (valve/tube guitar amp, quadraverb and an old collectible surfboard) and have the cash burning a hole in my pocket. Teenage engineering better hurry up.
By Icepulse Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:02 pm
Here's an updated variation of the park track, mixed down, but still awaiting vocals and mastering. It'll probably be the kick-off track on a new rekkid.

I love the OP-1.

By terry towelling Fri May 05, 2017 2:25 am
great track. all your op-1 tracks are the best use of the op-1 as a sampler that i've found videos of.
i'm off to japan at the end of the month (for the first time. really excited). hoping the new op-1s will be in store by then.
By Kegeratorz Sat May 06, 2017 4:35 pm
Icepulse wrote:Here's an updated variation of the park track, mixed down, but still awaiting vocals and mastering. It'll probably be the kick-off track on a new rekkid.

I love the OP-1.

Dude, dammmm you, that is bad ass!! I wanted an OP-1 bad but couldn't justify if I'd use it as much as it cost. Instead I picked up a used MPC500 for cheap but after hearing this I'm reconsidering. What are you using for the bass if you don't mind me asking?
By Kegeratorz Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 pm
terry towelling wrote:Haven't bought the op1 yet -- there are none to buy. waiting for the company to make some more. Stores are saying soon. But they have been saying that for a while

I've sold some gear (valve/tube guitar amp, quadraverb and an old collectible surfboard) and have the cash burning a hole in my pocket. Teenage engineering better hurry up.

Looks like Guitar Center has them in Stock now, they bumped the price up $50 too.
By Boef1 Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:21 pm
Im using both op-1 and Mpc 60. Together and apart.
But the op-1 is so dope and versatile. Can stronly recomment it!
Here's a couple of short beat videos i made using it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN4izyVjZ2y/?taken-by=boef1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQliPwXj6iS/?taken-by=boef1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRZQ65Aj3vl/?taken-by=boef1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPH3eUVhxKt/?taken-by=boef1
By Icepulse Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:43 pm
Kegeratorz wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Here's an updated variation of the park track, mixed down, but still awaiting vocals and mastering. It'll probably be the kick-off track on a new rekkid.

I love the OP-1.

Dude, dammmm you, that is bad ass!! I wanted an OP-1 bad but couldn't justify if I'd use it as much as it cost. Instead I picked up a used MPC500 for cheap but after hearing this I'm reconsidering. What are you using for the bass if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry I missed that question. Thanks for the ups. Typically, I sample and chop up bass lines from jazz / fusion / funk records, and I'll tune them up or down, jussst enough to fit.

I sold off my 500 to finance an MPC Live. I love it, and I'm glad I did it, but my OP-1 is still my #1 tool, sheerly by virtue of its immediacy and workflow.