Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By hok-2 Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:53 pm
Bit of a long shot this but, are there any s3000 users with a working floppy drive and a m.o drive who would like to copy 14 floppy disks onto a m.o disk in exchange for the sounds and programs on them?
They are from of the original S1000 sound liberary and I bought them a few years back when my floppy drive still worked.
They are all snth programs and each disk has about 10-20 programs on apart from one disk which is a multi-sampled piano with 3 or four variations e.g E.p, grand, roads, bright.
fitting a realistic piano onto a 1.44mb disk is quite a amazing feat of engineering involving precise looping and all types of clever shizznit. A lost art now'adays.

I now use a Magneto Optical drive but I'd like to copy this floppy disk libary to it.
I could buy a floppy drive but, that would cost me 25 u.k. quids and I'd only use once to transfer the sounds and programs, meaning I would of paid around 45 quid for these disks which I cannot justify with Christmas looming like a bad smell.
The Synthes are a bit 80's ish, but personally I tottaly dig that stuff.
anyway, worth a shot.
Trying to get my floppy drive to just read them once.....somtimes works if it warms up for a couple of hours....
Man I hate floppys. :fku: