Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:26 am
tapedeck wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Yes they are. Thanks for that one, I know one sample per track and noticed samples cut each other but never thought of p-locking for psuedo Choke group, will try it tonight. Thanks Tapedeck :smoker:

something i like about elektron products, even if they seem simple sometimes, they are so elegantly designed that you can almost hack any function you want out of them.

dont look over the sample chain idea either... line up a bunch of sounds in one wave file and use the start offsets to jump around between different sounds. think of it like chopping on an mpc, but in this case, each 'chop' is a totally different sound. that will give you a choke group as well.
for example on my machinedrum, i have a 909 open and closed hat in the same sample, and i choose which one to play using start offset. that effectively creates a mute group for those sounds.

This is what some of the elektronauts were saying to defeat the 128 sample limit by throwing a bunch of sounds on a single file and p-lock it all day. Getting the hang of this just doing some A and B experiments. I really dig it! Its a ninja's device.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:46 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Great in-depth tutorial by cuckoo:

Not sure if his unit is different but my midi tracks weren't working right at all until this last update.... they work now but lock up the unit Randomly. I've deduced it down to the complex set up i have running.

I'm sure if I was just programming one keyboard with the digi it would be fine. I have it slaved to the live and three effects pedals slaved to it with using the thrus and have the digi controlling a synth as well.

I might have to check with some folks on gear sluts or post another thread somewhere else here to find the right midi setup for everything. At least double check as I'm assuming everything should be working fine. The delays and effects are synced up tight, the analog heat shows the right bpm, all within a .1 drift at times of the true bpm. Only issue is when notes are being triggered from the digi to the synth.

Sounds amazing by the way. Wish the digi had at least one more assignable stereo out to send to the effects loops for some of the samples. But I'll be able to manage. Much to learn with my setup.
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:52 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Great in-depth tutorial by cuckoo:

[youtube]MXexVHNO0ms[youtube]

Had no idea he made another video. I feel 1.02 cleared a lot of the glitches but some still lingering. Just glad updates are being constant :D I haven't experienced the bugs ppl have but I'm just using it standalone, sampling stuff and experimenting.

Thanks for this!!
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 pm
Yea, besides the midi stuff its running smooth. I think its the transport controls being sent to the digi from the live. I experimented with more samples and man this thing impresses me more and more. Ill see if I can make some changes so not so much data is being sent/received.

I made a new project and everything was cool until I started sequencing stuff with the live. The digi just locks up and keeps looping the pattern , all I can do is turn it off and restart. which is quick and where I left off but its really random when it locks up.

I'll post a small clip of the point I get to where the digi just locks up. Its pretty bare bones, but ideally I'll be able to layer the crap out of this stuff.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:36 pm

It was late and I got tired of rebooting but I wanted to hear where I was at afterwards. Just a basic pattern which is locked up and looping and a synth sequence.

I am happy with consistency of the updates as well. I know I can figure out a way around the locking up but hopefully its all cleared by the next update. the digi is just looping a few notes not programming anything external.
By Cockdiesel Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 pm
There is already a sound pack out for the digitakt if your into stuff like that. Its drum sounds ran through the analog heat and even a free little demo you can download. I have barely scratched the surface with the factory sounds but the wave forms have been pretty cool so far. Definitely gives the digi a distinct synth sound.

https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/hotwire/
By starmanwarz Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 am
I'm in love with this little beast!

I can't wait until my setup is complete with 2 synths, it's going to be crazy and the digitakt will shine even more. It's going to take a while though..
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 pm
starmanwarz wrote:I'm in love with this little beast!

I can't wait until my setup is complete with 2 synths, it's going to be crazy and the digitakt will shine even more. It's going to take a while though..

Its definitely an opus of a sampler 8)

I am building a woodstand for the Digitakt, not as crazy as the MPC Live super stand but a little tabletop thingy. I already have my setup ready but I need a few right angled cables so cables don't bend inside the stand. Its the Digitakt, Overlord, DP008 and a DR44wl. Let me tell how dope this setup is in 2017. I record the raw sound from the Digitakt into the DP008, which is my DAW, then transfer the SD card from the DP008 and into the DR44wl which is then WiFi'd into my Galaxy pad. The DR44wl also is used as a sample source so I take it with me to my studio and fill her up with all kinds of music and weird sounds and she feeds my Digitakt. See, no computer and still in the game :-D
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm
I thought about similar setups. I figure track everything into live then mix and master on the computer.

I really want to learn to do that stuff properly and really can't afford all the hardware to do so... already have the tools I need just a matter of using them.

Although somewhere alone the way a badass compressor might be on the list. Lol