Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:52 am
I like the pads on the digitakt. def. not no mpc but it's not a MPC and shouldnt be put into that box of expectations.

For mfers looking to pair a digi with a synth, I ve been looking into this one:

You can also import wavetables..... for both the digi and micro.....

Seems complex but I think it would be perfect for those 8 midi tracks. IM in no rush but I see crazy potential with this one and it's under 300 bucks. You can get one of these a digi and midi keyboard cheaper than a live....
I wouldnt trade my live for less than an x but just to help others with different workflow this looks like a winner to me.

more info:http://www.audiothingies.com/dl/micromonsta/docs/micromonsta_manual_en_1.0.3.pdf
By Cockdiesel Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:42 am
Dude that oto biscuit he got in the background of the first video would be insane with the digi. I been gassing for one of them for awhile but they are never available.

Controlling the digi from the live with a midi is the best of everything for me. I can program all my stuff from the live and even program the digi sequencer from the live, and the keys... It's really helping me explore the digi. I cant imagine what the x would be like..... I have a bunch of midi gear from effects to synths to other samplers, but I want to master the new mpc os before I even think about that. Id WAY rather have a live and a digi vs an x but a x and digi is off the chain to think about. 16 parameters could be automated, sequenced and tweaked at one time.....

8 voice wavetable, keystep arping that shit:

By jpeg Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm
there is this guy on youtube called cuckoo music his vids r really helping me out,

somethings are obvious function and workflow whise; other things are not so obvious and the machine seems kinda arcane.

the unit is kinda deep and i still get a bit confused with navigating in and out of some of the shift function options.

but i still wanna see what peoples sample chop workflow on this unit is; cos if u have the sample on one pad and use tig conditions for stat points u cant play the sample chops in real time.

also the metronome seem to play even when not in record mode when turned on.
By Cockdiesel Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 pm
You can play the samples in real time just néed to get the bpm right.

Try taking your drum loop and putting it on a track with 1 trig on the starting point.

Adjust the bpm so it loops properly with just the one trig playing.

Now add some trigs and play with the starting points.

In theory it should work.

If you have a mpc, I'd use that to program the samples and record the sequences on the digi. Then you can tweak it on the digi, it's been really helping me learn the digi. Personally i'm not comfortable enough with the digi to do everything on it, yet.
By Ill-Green Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 am
Tell you the truth, this thing works for me like a Roland SP. I don't know how people say you can record one track at a time in the sequencer because I can play and record multiple samples layering one on another into the sequencer and they all end up in their own tracks. Which now brings me to why I want mute groups in this. Plocks work but its locked to the step sequencer. I would like to be able to choke samples when sequencer is not in use. My work around is talented with fast fingers for now :D
By Cockdiesel Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 am
I neve used a sp to program. Just to refine samples and launch loops like you would with ableton. But I rember the 606 being similar but I sold it because I already had a 4k.

Couldn't you use ur 303 on the 8 midi tracks to get you th 16 you want? Have you tried it?

Could you send out midi from the live to to what u want? Maybe some sort of note off function?

Just some thoughts
By jpeg Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 pm
so can someone give me a heads up about how to handle chopping samples on this; wanna know if I can play chops live like on one track or how do handle chops when the sample is one track? is it trig condition? id love to see a vid or someone working with chops on one audio track.
By Cockdiesel Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:14 pm
You have to use conditional trigs and it's what I suggested above/ or some variant of it for a single track.

Single track: what I described above.

Multi track: chop up your breaks like you would on a mpc and play them. You could then resample that and mess with it on one track if you wanted to or needed more tracks.

There are many videos on youtube with cenk doing this with samples. You conditional trig the start times.

It works the same way you would break down a sample chain.

What are you trying to chop?
By jpeg Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm
seems like playing samples out like but placing sample on multiple audio tracks than resampling may be the best workflow.

as if u chop with trig conditions and the sample on one track then u need to sequence the sample in step mode as opposed to playing the chops live.

but typically im chopping musical phrases ; more so then drum loops but i will chop whatever
By Cockdiesel Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:10 pm
Why not do both? Play your chops, resample and chop them back up in the sequencer.

Once I finish up this week of double shifts, I going to see how well it pairs with ableton and an apc. The analog heat was one of the most innovative things I seen with its overbridge support. Been using it standalone as it's just as dope but I had some serious fun just launching clips and filtering.
By Cockdiesel Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:43 am
dude....

I got plenty of gear but the live+digi+analog heat is bar none the best sampling system/ hardware combo I have ever put my hand on. Still rocking standalone, and FVCK this shit is too dope. get an instrument going on mpc, record crazy pattern on digi, get wavetables or samples going on the digi smash them drums on the mpc....

2 hour session and I have to be to work in 6 hrs...

You will see this setup as MANY people's live setups.

copped a brand new IN THE BOX kp3+ for under 200 bucks...

3 samplers and an analog filter. my kaoss pad got stolen about 7 years ago, but I know I can rock it. I now have my live setup I used to rock, but an upgraded version plus a digitakt. the 555 is still around, im geeked bout this sheet....
By jpeg Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am
Cockdiesel wrote:You have to use conditional trigs and it's what I suggested above/ or some variant of it for a single track.

Single track: what I described above.

Multi track: chop up your breaks like you would on a mpc and play them. You could then resample that and mess with it on one track if you wanted to or needed more tracks.

There are many videos on youtube with cenk doing this with samples. You conditional trig the start times.

It works the same way you would break down a sample chain.

thanks for the info but u confused the game with ur explanation; I found that parameter locks did the trick from within sequencer mode.

but thanks anyway, also did not know u could put multiple sample in one pad or audio track, so yeah this box is dope there are many different approaches u can take I aint figured which workflow im gonna use but its fun to play with and just a slightly different way of working