Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 am
Dude shows another cool trick where you use conditional trips to keep your break all on one track. Dude weird, but does a good job showing this feature.
[

Edit: got to thinking about the differences between the digi and the live. To do the same on the live it would be a breeze.
By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 am
Dope track bro. Did you have to prep that accapella before putting it into thhe digi? Nice to see you back !
Im starting a track right now with the digi packed up with some mono synth samples. I've been using the live mostly the last month or so. I hope this thread picks back up. Been working on key groups a lot and I wanna see how this digitakt stacks up, lots of cool wavetable stuff on you tube. Might be time to post some stuff up here myself.
By DimensionsTomorrow Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Dope track bro. Did you have to prep that accapella before putting it into thhe digi? Nice to see you back !
Im starting a track right now with the digi packed up with some mono synth samples. I've been using the live mostly the last month or so. I hope this thread picks back up. Been working on key groups a lot and I wanna see how this digitakt stacks up, lots of cool wavetable stuff on you tube. Might be time to post some stuff up here myself.

Thanks man! Definitely post that stuff up!

The acappella was sort of a happy accident. I had to choose from three samples to flip for the beat battle. The one I went with happened to match the Madvillain acappella pretty well with no outside time stretch (just a bit of slight pitching).

These beat battles are definitely good practice and get you messing around with stuff you normally wouldn't. Plus, sampling is so open-ended that I don't know where to start half the time. I like the limitation of having to work with some sort of set material and rules. Plus, you get to see what everyone else did with the same samples and it gives you other ideas. Also, it forces you to finish a project and post it up, warts and all.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:16 am
Been meaning to post this cool trick.

Load the same sample, in this case three of the same waveforms on Tracks one thru three. Switch the midi channel to the same one on all three, fine tune each sample to how you want it and BOOM you have a three osc mono synth. You can do this on most samplers including the live, but the digitakt has more control options with Lfos. You can arrange the voices however you want and layer up to 8.... with the built in delay and reverb you get some really cool results. The mod options are limited with not being able to cross mod the wave samples but I find way more of a use for the digitakt doing this.

Keep in mind that the digi is mono so once the wave is triggered again it will cut off the release, BUT you can create a quick and dirty synth resample it down and have all the other tracks open for your disposal. Add in some plocks, conditional trigs, etc and you can make a cool little bass loop evolve like no other.

Side note: can't wait for the next update on this one either. They mentioned conditional trigs and the forums went apechit. Octatrack is tempting but seems like a step back in some regards. It's 2017 I want my stuff to integrate with daws nicely. Overbridge has the power to make this way more powerful and advanced compared to the octatrack. They are foolish if they don't add it to octatrack. Overbridge on the analog heat might be one of the most innovate things I have ever seen with electronic music gear.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 am
DimensionsTomorrow wrote:My first new beat in a while. Here is my entry for Stones Throw Beat Battle 550. It's also my first attempt at using an a cappella on the Digitakt. Give it a listen if you get a moment. Hope you guys dig it.

https://soundcloud.com/dimensionstomorr ... ator-seven

I was really wanting to get into that but I couldn't
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:45 am
honestly lamp he may have a handle on the machine better than anyone I have seen for making full tracks on it. I know it's not saying a whole lot on simple tracks like that but I pop into the elektronaughts forum to check out stuff and most is just basic 4 on the floor techno or really ambient. A few doing some sample based stuff but overall not many people are doing much with this machine of any quality, most importantly myself. Lol

Don't get me wrong it's a cool machine but like a Roland 404 turned upside down cool. Still on the fence if it's a keeper.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 pm
the little machine can do ALOT I already know. Elektron is no punk at all.
It's just not for me though, the beat and the machine.

4 on the floor, hate that type shit.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:19 am

Starting to see some better examples of what this thing can do. I've been spending more time with the live the last month, but it will be interesting to see how the digitakt develops. I'm really interested in what overbridge will bring in terms of sample editing and how I can program ableton with its 8 midi tracks.

I could see some streamlined setups with just a laptop, digitakt and a beefy analog mono going along way. Especially if you can route the audio back into the filter of the synth for sound design stuff. I'd love a smaller setup but I need real pads and real keys to bang stuff out on.