Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 am
Im keeeping my eyes peeled as well. musicians friend said they are shipping the digi out tomorrow but their first batch is sold out. I think this will be similar to the live with people already having some stock and being told to hold off. I also spoke with sweetwater rep about this and he was saying like 2 more weeks until I can get my digi, if they receive enough units. He also explained the stuff with the live and x was known WAY before the leak and went down just as akai said it would...... He didn't say we were being lied to about release dates and that but blamed it on the "rumor mill"....
By starmanwarz Sun May 28, 2017 2:06 pm
I've watched all footage from the digitakt and I am really liking it, didn't think much of it when it was announced but now I think it's going to be my next purchase!

Looking forward to see how you guys use the digitakt+mpc combo.
By Cockdiesel Sun May 28, 2017 6:30 pm
I have a feeling it'll be a killer combo as well, in a asr+ mpc combo type of way. Still haven't seen anything with hooking a midi keyboard to the digi yet. Although I know it can make some crazy synth stuff. Kraft music said I should have it this week I'll let y'all know.
I know so far that the midi keys over USB to a live controlling a moog 32 is awesome. The effects really do wonders on it, especially the courus and delays.
By Ill-Green Wed May 31, 2017 3:54 pm
Just received an order payment to paypal because Digitakt is in stock! :-D

Paid it off right now, hopefully it arrives on Saturday but me thinks Monday, anyway going on an 18 day vacation, planning many videos :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm
Yea most retailers got them yesterday, I had two on preorder because sweetwater was be flaky and telling me middle of June. Both called yesterday and said they were shipping. Swapped the othe digi for a h9 and i'm done with new gear for a long time. Lol
About a month out from vacation which I'll get some time to actually explor all this stuff. The live I great but still fumbling with the newer features, everyday I get better though.
By Ill-Green Wed May 31, 2017 7:34 pm
:lol: yeah I did the same as you, I had a feeling B&H were gonna give me the runaround like they did with the MPC Live, so I had a preorder with Musicians friend from last week. While B&H gave me a backorder notice, MF got them in stock and gave me an invoice 8) Nothing personal, just business. And MF got my business. :smoker:
By Ill-Green Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:11 pm
Got the Digitakt today, its still on 1.00 gotta update it in a little while. Its terrific! Metal casing, arcade-like buttons, sounds can be manipulated into melodies, its crazy madness. Full feedback after a couple days with it.

By Cockdiesel Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:27 am
Digitakt first 1 hr impression: WOW, never used elektron or a unit like this period. Like a new dimension opened up for me.

Much in the same way a mpc offers infinite possibilities this does also in a different way. It's not like the live being a DAW in a box, it's a whole new beast. haven't sampled yet but sound editing is super simple.

The sequencer is gnarly. The grooves and that are certainly nothing to take lightly but I can see some really crazy stuff programming effects on other units. This thing was made to be paired up with an analog heat, the sequencer is outrageous. I seen alot of people complaining about the digi not having a compressor or side chaining, but with the analog heat you have possibly one of the best setups for both...

I promise in the next few weeks or so you will start to see some of the most badass stuff with those two. Those two alone give you the wet dream us drum machine folks have been chomping at the bit for besides the daw in the box ( Live/X). Analog filters on a badass sequencer/sampler....

With the live or X: It compliments them as where one lacks the other excels. Yet both offer infinite possibilities. I need to get some proper samples for my style on the digi, but it seems that it could make use of the polished sound of the live.

I will give it a few days and see how this all unfolds more but I am more than impressed by this little machine.

As for people on a digitakt vs live or x debate, my answer is this:

Live +digi is cheaper than an x and honestly glad I dropped my preorder of the x. together with my analog heat this is stuff I couldnt even dream up...

Ill have some audio samples up this next week.